Conference in Tri-cities this year on third week of July

Ed Hahn

Hello everyone,

I was just informed that the Midcolumbia Saltwater Marine Aquarium Conference would be held on the third week end of July of 2009. The two speakers are Steve Tyree and Bob Fenner. I will try to keep you informed as I am informed. I would love to see you in Tri-Cities for this get together.

til then,

Ed ;)

Michael,

Years ago all the clubs tried to work together to meet at one spot once a year. Members from Tri-cities unloaded their fridges to make it a memorable meeting, we had a coral auction, two guest speakers and tank tour. I think it went well considering there were over a hundred people at meeting.

This get together does not have to happen in Tri-cities. It was scheduled to take place in Tri-cities because no one else spoke up. Again the goal to bring everyone in the hobby together and build a good relationship with those sharing the same hobby. If Board Members of PNWMAS want to help out it would be appreciated greatly! I am still on the board in Seattle or PSAS. I live in Tri-Cities. I will talk to Spokane and Idaho and people from Montana. Again, any and all help appreciated. Thank you, Ed

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Change in Plans. Tyree will not make it to Tri-Cities on July 17th and 18th. We will go another route with corals and clams. We wish him the best though.

Instead it will be James Fartheree and Bob Fenner. Both Speakers have confirmed. More to come. I will try to keep you posted.

thanks,

Ed

Thanks for the update, Ed -- do you know what the topics of the presentations will be? I imagine Fatherree will be talking about clams, but I'd appreciate more details on both his and Fenner's lectures so I can decide on whether I want to attend.

Thanks for the update' date=' Ed -- do you know what the topics of the presentations will be? I imagine Fatherree will be talking about clams, but I'd appreciate more details on both his and Fenner's lectures so I can decide on whether I want to attend.[/quote']

Hello Andy,

I do beleive I heard Hitchhikers for Bob. I think it is undecided for James.

I will get back to you on that. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Jake Adams will also be at MCMAC this year. Kevin Pockell will definitely be there. He has always supported this event. I bumped into Adelaid Rhoads last week end. She may even be there she said. She said she had a great time in the past.

So people we have Bob Fenner, James Fartheree and Jake Adams as guest speakers as of now... More to come I am sure.(rock2)

Michael,

Years ago all the clubs tried to work together to meet at one spot once a year. Members from Tri-cities unloaded their fridges to make it a memorable meeting, we had a coral auction, two guest speakers and tank tour. I think it went well considering there were over a hundred people at meeting.

This get together does not have to happen in Tri-cities. It was scheduled to take place in Tri-cities because no one else spoke up. Again the goal to bring everyone in the hobby together and build a good relationship with those sharing the same hobby. If Board Members of PNWMAS want to help out it would be appreciated greatly! I am still on the board in Seattle or PSAS. I live in Tri-Cities. I will talk to Spokane and Idaho and people from Montana. Again, any and all help appreciated. Thank you, Ed

Hi Ed,

Sounds like a great conference coming together! Let us know what we can do to help. Sending you a PM.

John

Then there were Four Guest Speakers for MCMAC!!!

Matt Pederson from Chicago. Matt will be talking about MOFIB. That is breeding ornamental fish and invertebrates. I am hoping there is something for everyone at MCMAC on July 17 and 18th in Tri-cities, WA. (rock2)