Flow video

fly guy

I posted this on TRT too but thought the people who dont go there might like to see this.......

This is the flow created in my tank using an Oceans Motions 8 way controller. When i turn off my return pump it barely exposes the tops of the cls returns grabbing air allowing the flow to be visible......

its actually more randon than it looks even...i adjusted the omni flex nozzles up to make sure they create air bubbles for the video.........

If you cant tell I am a BIG fan of these OM units...anyone building a new system or upgrading an old one should consider them......

check it out HERE

Guest Mbeef61

im looking at going for a 4 way on my 100 gallon...the guys wanted 275 and its been used 9 months...kinda seems a little steep...what do you think/ i see you can get them 339 shipped from oceans motions....my tank is currently being setup and the plumbing is being done now and i hadnt really considered it until all these flow videos...and now is the perfect time but i want to save as much as possible because the plumbing along on those things is a fortune haha

Buy it from Paul at Oceans Motions. Their customer service is out of this world. And he will unconditionally take car eof any problems with it now or down the road.(he would do that as well on a used one you purchased) You pay upfront but he will support and work with you no matter waht and most likely you will want to tweak the drums to get it how you want it. If you want..let me know what you are thining exactly and i could give you some advice on which drum to have him cut you for the original.....it will save you $20 or more down the road on a new custom one. (i actually had him cut me 3 different drums until i got it how i wanted it) I one time sent him an email at 3 am pst and he called me back in 5 minutes to make sure he understood what i wanted done....... thats only one example of many times they have exceeded my expectations.

I am starting to build my 90 bb sps tank now and i originally planned on the 4 way for it, but i like to run spray bars too and i dont want half of my flow going to those spraybars so i am actually sending the 4 way back and getting another 8-way. Yeah...the plumbing parts isnt cheap......but what you get for it you wont regret i assure you. I did go somewhat economy, (if there is such a thing) on my plumbing as i went all schedule 40 valves, unions and fittings.

here my original 8 way plumbing

post-87-141867734087_thumb.jpg