Greetings All

steelhead77

I've been lurking here since I bought my 72 gal Bowfront, sump and lights from one of the members here about a month ago. I just got it set up. Added saltwater last Saturday and about 40 lbs of live rock from another member today. I'm looking for another 40 lbs or so so that I can get this thing kicked into gear (anybody got some extra...? (whistle)). It's hard to be patient, but this is the one piece of advice I've gotten from just about everybody. I'll try to post some pics soon.

I've enjoyed reading other folks' adventures and look forward to sharing my own.

-Scott

Welcome Scott! Welcome to the hobby and our forums!

We hope to have a PNWMAS Meeting in the Salem area in either February or March. Looking forward to seeing pics of your tank.

Yeah... patience is something you need in this hobby. Without it, it will cost you livestock and cash, and give you lots of frustration and headaches. Read books (we have a nice library in our club), listen to advice of successful reefkeepers. Deal only with reputable LFS(Local Fish Stores), make meetings whenever possible, and keep posting! Visit our sponsors listed here http://www.pnwmas.org/newsite/sponsors.html Many have threads on our main forum page. Be sure to check our Classified Threads often for some great deals on liverock. When it's posted, it tends to go fast!

If you would like to receive notifications of PNWMAS Meetings and Events, send me a PM with your e-mail address and you will be added to the PNWMAS Evite list.

Got more rock!

Well, My wife and I bit the bullet and spent our Christmas cash on about 45 lbs of rock from Liquid Sunshine today (they have a 20% off "everything in the store" sale going on thru Sunday the 21st). Split about 50/50 Fiji and Tonga. We bought some very nice stuff. So between yesterday and today , I've added about 80 lbs of rock. It has filled out the tank nicely. I also added 80 lbs of sand this afternoon, and am waiting for it to settle out. I'll post pics tomorrow after it clears.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone, I really appreciate the friendliness.

-Scott

To tidalsculpin: I'm going out next weekend to the Wilson with a buddy from work. Depending on weather of course.

First Pics!

Greetings,

Well, I got up this morning to a beautifully clear tank. I thought it would take longer. Checked the Ammonia (.25) and took some pics.

Please give me your thoughts on the layout. Also, Could someone identify the hitchhiker that came on one of the Tonga rocks. I believe it is a some kind of Feather Duster. There are 3 of them. Do you guys think they'll make thru the cycle?

Thanks,

Scott

post-4237-141867741299_thumb.jpg

post-4237-141867741301_thumb.jpg

post-4237-141867741303_thumb.jpg

post-4237-141867741305_thumb.jpg

post-4237-141867741307_thumb.jpg

Looks like ya got a decent start going there Scott.

Yeah being patient is hard to do but well worth it. The best advice that I can give anyone is to give 5 different opinions and make a decision from that. The more brains going the better you are. Let me know if ya need anything Im a Albanian also. Later Ryan

Hey whats up Scott. I'm glad to hear that you like the rock I sold ya. Your tank looks great!!! I like the way you arranged the rock. O yeah thanks for stopping in and saying whats up @ my work. I hope those snails and crabs work out for you. I wanna come by and see it in person so give me a call when you get back from Cali.

Nice work.

Tank's going great!

Hey Brandon,

Got back last night. Happy New Year! My wife was right, brown algae everywhere. I cleaned as much as I could, but how do you get it off the rocks?(scratch) We did buy a couple Turbo Snails @ Petco today, but one is riding piggyback on the other and won't let go.DOH! We also bought a Condylactis Anemone (it seemed to adapt very well so far) and 3 Damsels. If you're not busy tomorrow or Sat., I'd like ya to come over and check it out and let me know what you think. I'd be interested in some of your stuff if the Damsels do okay in the next couple weeks or so.

See ya,

Scott