Another Noob! From Battle Ground, WA!

jocappy

Hey hey all. Im new here, and dont even have a aquarium yet. But I have been reseaching on getting a BioCube or Nano. Like a 14G or so. My head is spinning with all I have read and really not sure where to start. I am basically wanting to do a Nano reef! Then when I get myself confortable with what I am doing making a frag tank in the distant future. But still so new and have SO MUCH to learn! Thanks already for any welcomes you give!

Welcome!

This is a great place for ideas, and the people here are great as well.

If you are looking into a nano, have you checked out www.nano-reef.com ? It is a site devoted to nanos, and there are a lot of good ideas and lessons that can be learned from a small tank.

I considered a nano for a little while, but decided to bring back my old 45g tank... Until it was too small and I had to upgrade to a 75g tank. It seems like a good size tank for me.

dsoz

Welcome!

This is a great place for ideas, and the people here are great as well.

If you are looking into a nano, have you checked out www.nano-reef.com ? It is a site devoted to nanos, and there are a lot of good ideas and lessons that can be learned from a small tank.

I considered a nano for a little while, but decided to bring back my old 45g tank... Until it was too small and I had to upgrade to a 75g tank. It seems like a good size tank for me.

dsoz

Thanks for the welcomes! I have been to nano-reef.com too, but like the idea of a local board!!

Welcome,

I am in the process of doing a 10g nano myself. I have thread started that shows my progress but more importantly has a lot of great ideas from fellow members. Check it out.

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9374

I love the 20 long for the nano. It is a great little tank that gives lots of simple lighting and filtration options. Good luck and be sure to start a thread for the tank itself and keep us updated on your progress.

Well maybe I should ask this too' date=' I am also considering instead of a All in one, a 20 Gallon long. What do you think would be best for me to start with?[/quote']

For me, the all in ones meant too many compromises, or included components that I would upgrade right away. I also have some specific requirements to fit in with our furniture which pretty much dictated building my own stand.

-Darrell