Great Oregon Fall Beach Cleanup

JManrow

SOLV Cleanup

Saturday, September 16th 2006

Is everyone ready to participate in the Great Oregon Fall Beach Cleanup!?!?

We plan on meeting in Tillamook, one of the 42 Registration Sites, when the event begins at 10am. In the Tillamook area, a Registration Site will be located at the Tillamook Pioneer Museum, 2106 2nd St. You will be asked to complete a Volunteer Registration and Waiver Form.

From there, we can go anywhere to pick up trash. Just bring the trash back to the designated disposal area by 1pm.

Volunteers should bring their own gloves, and to be safe while on the beach. SOLV will furnish the trash bags.

If you have any questions, please post them here and I will forward them to the SOLV Coordinator, Bev Ardueser.

Also, don't forget that we have PNWMAS T-shirts available. Contact Michael7979 for more details. This is the one event that I hope many of us can get behind. This is our chance to give back to the hobby that we all love. Show your support for this great cause and lets have a good time doing it. We are going to try to organize some carpools in different areas around the state. Stay tuned and we hope to see you at the beach in September.

Jay

But don't think that you have to buy a t-shirt to participate! We want to get as many bodies there as possible so we can help out. We need to keep our oceans healthy for our hobby! And hopefully we can all find a place where we can meet up after we "work", have a bite to eat and hang out for a bit! And maybe have some cheese curds at the Tillamook Cheese Factory for desert! Mmmm... cheese curds... (drooler)

Looks like there have been no objections to meeting in Tillamook. I still havent heard back forom Bev at SOLV about other locations. Should we go with Tillamook and post the location & info on the Calendar and the Meetings and Events thread?

I think so! We can make that the "official" club site for helping out, but you can add a link to the SOLV site for other possible locations. Just in case someone wants to participate but doesn't want to drive all the way to Tillamook. Florence would work out a lot better for some of our southern members. But me, I'm goin' up there for the squeaky cheese curds and ice cream! (drooler)

I just received this:

----- Original Message -----

To: John Manrow

Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 10:08 AM

Subject: RE: Fall Beach Cleanup

Hello,

Each volunteer is asked to complete and sign the waiver form. There will be a feature on our web page called "Express Check-In." This will enable you to download this form, print it, complete and sign it and just turn it in when you arrive at the Beach Cleanup. This will save you time.

There will also be a map on the web page showing all Registration Sites. In the meantime, if you have other specific questions, just ask me.

We are working to have the web updated by Aug. 14. Thanks again for your interest.

Bev

I think so! We can make that the "official" club site for helping out' date=' but you can add a link to the SOLV site for other possible locations. Just in case someone wants to participate but doesn't want to drive all the way to Tillamook. Florence would work out a lot better for some of our southern members. But me, I'm goin' up there for the squeaky cheese curds and ice cream! (drooler)[/quote']

Here is where the "official" club cleanup site will be. Other sites are listed on the map.

SOLV Fall Beach Cleanup Zone

Tillamook - Zone 4

http://www.solv.org/programs/fall_beach_cleanup_zone.asp

Each volunteer is asked to complete and sign the waiver form. There will be a feature on our web page called "Express Check-In." This will enable you to download this form, print it, complete and sign it and just turn it in when you arrive at the Beach Cleanup. This will save you time.

Express Check-In Registration and Waiver Form

http://www.solv.org/volunteers/safety_info.asp

Someone suggested the Tillamook area a couple of meetings ago, so I posted Tillamook as a tentative cleanup site in the forum. No one objected, so we went with that location to meet. It seems like a good central location for club members. Currently, our membership range is mainly from southern Washington State to the Eugene, Oregon area.

Anyway... Stacy has visions of Cheese Curds dancing in her head.

(dancing) (dancing) (dancing) (dancing) <== Cheese Curds