Guaging interest in DJ powerstrip group buy

impur

Heh, not sure how the cheaplights version can deliver a max of 600W per channel across 8 channels when they have a 15A circuit breaker :-)

...yeah, I know that's not what they mean, but that's what they *said* ;)

The two units look identical (excepting the silkscreened logo on the more expensive one) I just worry a bit when buying the cheapest of anything, particularly devices delivering 120v/15A. I guess if they're shoddy, they'd be easy enough to rewire though.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All this is as some switches and a wire point to split the electricity, and a breaker. The only real differences can be the guage of wire, breaker type, and switch quality. But honestly these all look like they are from the same namufacture in china, so regardless, I think they will all be the same components, lets get the ball rolling. Miles you still heading this thing off?

Wait till i get an email back from cheaplights. We might get them for at least 5 bucks cheaper. I'll report here as soon as i get a reply.

I called them. and posted the info, but if they will sell cheeper, cool. They told me that was the cheepest price 14.95, even on quanity. They where going to ship direct from manfactur. boxes of 10 each. plus shipping.....see post^^^^^^

Ok here is the response

Hi,

I can offer you volume discount on product and reduce price 3-6 percent depending on how many you end up purchasing but their is no shipping discount available as that is strictly a carrier charge and not something we have any control over. We do receive between 10 and 20 percent discounts on standard on line shipping rates and we do pass those savings directly onto our customers. For a volume purchase of any item we can help you save on shipping by offering alternatives if you can tell us where you want the product shipped.

Good luck with your next event and thank you for your interest in our product line.

Ernest,

Cheaplights.com

1-800-880-0883

Let me know which way you all want to go.

Actually, I think it does!

3% of 14.95 is only something like 45 cents.

I guess i didn't even bother to do the math lol Thanks

So is everyone cool with the cheaplights unit. I think it comes out to more like 17 bucks per unit including shipping.

This was the reply

Miles,

I can sell you units for $14.25 per unit, shipping will run you $71.04, your total will be $641.00 to process this order feel free to give me a call (800) 880-0883.

Thanks,

Matt

Doing the math its 16.025 per unit (the quote is for 40 units). So paypal fees around 3% comes out to .48 cents. $16.50 is real close to the exact number.

I'll place the order monday if that okay with everyone.

They are kinda like a glorified power-strip. It has 8 swicthes so you can turn stuff on and off for feedings, cleaning, etc., instead of unplugging it. Makes it nice. They also look alot cooler than a normal powerstrip, DUUHHH LOL :) :). Later ryan