YAY!!

mrgreenthumb

Unfortunetly.... I am not joyful at all. now one party with a history of raising taxes has control of this nation. maybe i will move to Iran where it will be safer after our new president goes through his national security test. In case Obama doesn't know... Iran is that big country next to the smaller country where he has troops.

thats my feelings on this. i guess we wait to see if i am wrong.

I have never understood how any middle class person would want the Republicans in office! The people of the country are sick and tired of the screwing we all have received thanks to the latest republican dictator! Now maybe we can recover from the worst president in the history of our great nation and get back where we belong, get our troops home, get our economy back inline and maybe even get some jobs back.

Thank God Bush is done!

I love the idea that if someone is going to break into my home and threaten my family, that very soon after the new guy implements his new rules, that I cannot defend myself or my family without going to prison. At least right now, if the perp has a weapon, you can do what you need to do to win. And that is just one of his ideas he is going to implement. Not to mention, why own a gun? If the goverment says no more guns, you have nothing to worry about right? After all, there is plenty of law enforcement out there to protect you and your family. And if the goverment makes it a law that you can't own guns, who needs them, because evreyone will follow the rules of the law. Oh yeah, everyone except for the ones that do not follow them now. How about that? The goverment just helped out all the scum out there and put the odds in their favor. So now the dirtbags don't have to worry about an innocent person being able to defend themselves or protect their family because our goverment decided it would be better to un-arm our citizens. I strongly believe in firearm safety and some forms of gun control. But what the new guy has on his agenda far exceeds any common sense. I find it funny that there is people out there that are for abolishing guns that don't take the time to think further ahead. There are so many people that have the mentality of, " It won't happen to me or my family ", until it is too late. So many of those people think that having the goverment enforce those types of laws that take the right of gun ownership away from law abiding citizens will stop violence with firearms. That couldn't be further from the truth. The bad guys will always have access to illegal stuff. It doesn't matter if it is guns, drugs, cars, counterfit items and money, and so on. So for those of you that support abolishing guns, remember one thing. When it is some late, rainy night and you and all of your family are asleep and all of a sudden you wake up to some scumbags that just broke into your home through your patio door. What are you going to do to defend yourself? Sure you can call the cops. How long is that going to be before they are there? In the mean time, you and your family are tied up and the bad guys are doing some unthinkable things to your wife and children. I would be willing to bet that you wished you had a firearm of some sort then. Don't be a statistic people. You have a right to defend yourself and your family. You can't shoot them if they are walking out with your T.V.. But if they are trying to hurt you or your family, you do what you have to. The T.V. can be replaced, your family cannot (threaten)

Um...yeah. All of America is going to have their homes broken into now?

Come on, take a step back from the ledge there guy. He may not advocate for guns, but there is a little something called the constitution and not even the president can just scribble things off and write what he wants. Its up to the people.

This is a historic day for America. I am excited to see the nation head in a different direction and to finally see some accountability in the government.

Unfortunately Impur, you just proved my point. You have no clue as to what is going on with the 2nd in the constitution. We came VERY close a few months back to having that 2nd changed. Don't kid yourself. The govt. can do whatever they want! As far as homes being broke into, believe me when I tell you there is alot more things going on other then just what you hear news. I am a law enforcement supplier for their guns, clothing, gear, accessories and so on and for many agencies. So I hear alot more of what's going on than most. But by sticking your head in the sand and thinking that the govt. is looking out for your best interest is not a good call on your behalf. It would be like someone saying we can't have a black president. Who cares what color his or hers skin is? It shouldn't matter as long as they can do the task at hand. But think of how many ignorant people out there said it would never happen. Life is full of surprises and you never know what's around the corner. Don't get me wrong. I think it is great that we have achieved something that most thought was impossible. But I am not happy with some of the things that are going to be a result because of it. So if you want to keep your head in the sand brother and think the govt. is on your side, more power to you my man. I just hope you don't end up being a statistic ;)

Thank god your'e not my brother! I understand this is a reef board, but it is also an "out of bounds forum" in case you have forgotten. Don't make it personal. I didn't try to attack you in any way. So if you don't want to talk politics with me, stop.

i may not totally agree with all of obama's points of view, but i disagreed with even more of maccain's points of views, on more important topics....such as the economy!!! Sorry not a fan of the trickle set of mind...that give the rich more tax breaks and it will trickle down to ME in a lower tax bracket! Hasn't worked yet nor will it ever......I just think with the current state of our economy, the fuel shortages, war, etc...that gun control should be the last thing on anyones mind, but thats just MY OPINION. Everyone has a right to there own, and a right to disagree with mine! All i know is it is my constitutional right to bear arms, there for i will. Wouldn't mind some strictor laws on who can and can't have guns. Sorry i can;'t and don't see them ammending the constitution and outlawing all firearms. Last time i checked that wasn't on the top of obama's to do list!!

Furthermore if they were outlawed, it wouldn't be the worst thing that ever happened!! The world would not end! There are plenty of other ways to defend yourself without using a gun!!! Fate is what you make it.......

i have to say that i am a gun owner and advocate. i dont really think the government will try to take our guns. if they do, they will have a civil war on their hands, and this may sound ignorant to some, but i will fight and kill for the rights to guns. this is the only power we have as individuals. not saying obama is...but if we ever had a president go crazy, like hitler, we need some way to take over the government. this is why it is LEGAL to have state militias. when it boils down to it nobody is going to tell me i cant protect myself and my family. the government only has so much power, i am perfectly happy living off the land and stepping back a century, if i have to. i know many, many, many people with unregisted guns. if they ever take mine, i will make more, its so easy, just a drilled shaft, trigger, spring, firing pin. think about it, there are so many people out there that could do the same, guns will still be out there, even if they "take them away".

just a hypothetical question: if "new age hitler" was our president, how would you survive, protect, overtake, or would you just conform? what is your means of defense if not guns?

Here is some of the new guys views. WWW.GUNBANOBAMA.COM. I don't think they are going to go knock on doors and ask for your firearms. But I bet they would if they thought they could pull it off. The problem we face is they are going to make it impossible to use the ones that they still deem legal. They will hit the ammunition suppliers first. Then they will go after reloading supplies like they did back in 1994 with the Brady bill. But the one that makes me the most concerned is the one that takes away your right to protect yourself and your family in your home. Sure there is other items you can use to try to defend yourself. But have you ever taken a knife to a gunfight? The bad guys don't care about laws, rules, or anything else. They will do what is needed to come out ahead. Believe me, I think there is certain rules that should be implemented to help with the cause. But [language filter], by restricting the law biding citizens you are aiding the scum out there. To me it does not make sense. If more people actually knew the true statistics about how many people die in a calender year from alcohol related instances it would make the gun fatalities look like nothing. I don't see them banning or even talking about banning alcohol. How can a person that has had 4 or 5 DUII's still have a drivers license? I understand where the hatered comes from on the firearms. The press always covers anything that has to do guns. The worst is the school shootings. I feel real bad for the innocent people that were injured or even worst lost their lives in these situations. And it is usually a situation where the shooter got ahold of dad's gun and went nuts. But how about when the kid gets into his parents liquor cabinet, gets smashed with some of his or hers friends, hops behind the wheel of their vehicle, and off, off, and away they go. Then all of the sudden, BAM, it's a head on MVA into another vehicle carrying a small family. And guess what, everyone dies except the drunk driver. It's sad but also a everyday reallity. I just don't understand where the govt. goes to decide on what battles to choose. I can't imagine how many people out there would be enraged if the govt. was talking about taking away alcohol! I am not a drinker myself. But I also believe that if you want to drink and FOLLOW the rules it is your choice. There will always be the people that will be irresponsible with things and do whatever they want regardless of what the law says. But that doesn't mean we should ban it from the people that are responsible. Because guess what, the other guy is going to continue to do what he wants anyway!

There are plenty of other things our country and we as a whole have to worry about other then our right to bear arms. Nothing has happened yet or is in the works so why even waste your time worrying about it. On a more serious note the pic above was a joke, i don't think bush or anyone for that matter deserves to be compared to an evil as man as hitler was!!!

as far as the website you posted link to....its just another crapflinging biased webpage! Those happen on both sides of it! If i believed that then i would have to believe every political commericial or flyer i ever saw or read! I just don't understand why you think that obama's first thing he is going to do is ban guns, I just don't see it happening. All i know is gun control was the last thing on my mind when i voted for obama, was that the only thing on your mind? Your right if someone had a gun and i had a knife i would loose, but what if we both have guns? Whoever has the quickest draw wins? Mine is bigger so i win? Or should i just pull the pin on my hand grenade and hope for the best? What good is that gun gonna do u in the closet with a trigger gaurd and unloaded when you are woke up starring down the barrel of a 12 gauge? And if your gun is not in the closet unloaded with a trigger gaurd then FOR SHAME! My point is guns don't solve the problem of someone breaking into your house to rob steal and kill, if they are gonna do it they are gonna do it whether you have a gun or not!

That is the belief you have and that is fine. The website is just one of many that shows you some of his beliefs on guns. If you want specifics on things he has voted for or against, I can provide that. You can shame me all you want for not locking my gun up when I go to bed. And I might die if I don't pull first. But I sure have better odds of having the chance of winning if I am armed. I am not going to go on about different situations that may arise. It is an absolute waste of time. And it is obvious that you don't care about your right to own a gun or not. And there is NOTHING wrong with that. There are people that are set in their ways on both sides. But just so you can help me understand what your view is. You would rather be a victim in your home then to have a chance to make it an even match? I just don't get it. Sorry.

as far as the website you posted link to....its just another crapflinging biased webpage! Those happen on both sides of it! If i believed that then i would have to believe every political commericial or flyer i ever saw or read! I just don't understand why you think that obama's first thing he is going to do is ban guns' date=' I just don't see it happening. All i know is gun control was the last thing on my mind when i voted for obama, was that the only thing on your mind? Your right if someone had a gun and i had a knife i would loose, but what if we both have guns? Whoever has the quickest draw wins? Mine is bigger so i win? Or should i just pull the pin on my hand grenade and hope for the best? What good is that gun gonna do u in the closet with a trigger gaurd and unloaded when you are woke up starring down the barrel of a 12 gauge? And if your gun is not in the closet unloaded with a trigger gaurd then FOR SHAME! My point is guns don't solve the problem of someone breaking into your house to rob steal and kill, if they are gonna do it they are gonna do it whether you have a gun or not![/quote']

as far as hand grenades....that is the other option people will resort to if there aren't guns. trust me they aren't going to take a lesser weapon like a knife, they will make bombs. just think about who the people are that are trafficing drugs, in gangs, and just plain murderers. they didn't buy their guns at wal mart, they got them from 3rd 4th or 5th parties, and TRUST me there are no records of those guns and who has them.

as far as someone breaking into my house and me not getting to my gun. (i have no kids, and if any are around i lock it up) my gun is under my bed, loaded. .357 pistol. the first shot is a small shot shell, for a warning, and the rest are lethal. once had a neighbor knock on my door at 2am, brought my gun to the door with me. he was shocked. i apologized, but he understood my concern.

look i agree with you it is not his place to restrict our right to bear arms! I do enjoy shooting and owing guns always have! I do care if my rights get taken away. Its just thats not what is most important to me. For me thats not what i choose to worry about. No need to provide links i'm sure he did vote against the things they said, i'm just saying that you have to read through alot of bs and muck to get the actual facts from sites like that, and that sites like that exist on both side of it. You have to take the good with the bad, imho i think obama will make a better president, somtimes i have to look at the bigger picture, and what would be best for the country as well as myself. I'm not saying you don't have a valid point, just that i don't understand why that would be a deciding factor one way or the other. You talk about statistics and odds, both of which are in my favor that i will live my enitre life without ever having to use my gun, so i guess if it was taken away it really wouldn't make a difference, other than that peace of mind and the ability to hunt my own food. Its never an even match if someone is breaking into your home, they have the element of surprise. All the guns in the world wouldn't help me if i was killed in my sleep. Do you see my point? There are just as many pointless scenarios where you would loose if you had a gun, compared to the same scenarios if you had none. If someone is already set on robbing you, they already have the advantage, you don't even know when or how or where. I can make an educated guess and say that i will never be a victim based on odds and statistics. If i was robbed, or burglarized, and i had a gun, and i shot the person, wouldn't i still be a victim? Guns are great, but they don't solve the problem as to why the person is breaking into your house, to fuel his drug habit! Why not focus on solving that problem, rather than worrying about something that hasn't happened or is even the works. Just because we don't agree with one of his opinions, does not discredit the fact that he was the best man for the job! I guess my question is do your really think mccain would of made a better president?