Thus it begins...

aqua-ed

I just picked up my new classroom tank from Kris today, and will be hauling it in to school tomorrow to show off and begin the setup process. The tank is a 24gal Aquapod with all the bells and whistles built right in. It is the perfect TFT tank, if you ask me. I'm not a newbie any more, but this sucker is so user friendly, it'll be a gem to have in the classroom.

Starting this week I will begin taking pictures and posting them for all to see. I'm sure many of you want to see your club dues at work! And, after this post I'm going to try my hand on Joel's TFT wiki site.

I'm really excited, and so are the students, so I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who made this possible. It would be great if we can find ways to spread this to other schools and communities. Also, always feel free to contact me with questions, thoughts, or concerns. This isn't my project alone, it's PNWMAS's project so I don't want anyone to feel left out or neglected!

And last but not least (and I hope this isn't out of line :)) here is my TFT wish list:

-Salt!

-LR or Base rock

-Testing kits

-Food

I've already got some great frags from our Notable President, Kris, and have quite a few from my own tank that I will donate.

Once again, thanks to everyone, and I will keep you posted!

• Like 1

I also have some LR, and some other DIY LR that already has your name on it. I also have sand that is cycled, full of life, and ready to go.

Not to mention some different frags that I have been collecting and letting grow.

Also, if you want me to go to Rose City Aquarium to pick up anything (LR, etc) I can take it to Woodburn and meet you a little closer to where you are at. That way you don't have to make it all the way up to P-town.

dsoz

I also have some LR, and some other DIY LR that already has your name on it. I also have sand that is cycled, full of life, and ready to go.

Not to mention some different frags that I have been collecting and letting grow.

Also, if you want me to go to Rose City Aquarium to pick up anything (LR, etc) I can take it to Woodburn and meet you a little closer to where you are at. That way you don't have to make it all the way up to P-town.

dsoz

Sounds great, Dennis. I may be able to come up this Saturday, if that works for you. How much rock do you have? If you have enough for my 24g, I shouldn't need anymore from Rose (thanks, though!).

If the tank isn't ready yet here at school, I can tide things over in my home tank until it is time to bring them in.

Sounds great, Dennis. I may be able to come up this Saturday, if that works for you. How much rock do you have? If you have enough for my 24g, I shouldn't need anymore from Rose (thanks, though!).

If the tank isn't ready yet here at school, I can tide things over in my home tank until it is time to bring them in.

I have 2 or 3 pieces of DIY concrete rock that I am sure that are ready (in the sump of my display tank). I have about 100 lbs of newer rock, that I am not sure if it is ready yet. It is in a separate tank in saltwater, and I am "cycling" it right now with some chaeto. If the chaeto does fine, then I'll test some xenia and mushrooms in with it. If those do fine, then I'll add some damsels. If they do fine then I'll call it ready to go. The DIY rock works well for base rock, but is not really pretty. If you can get another 2 or three pieces of rock from somewhere else to put on top of it, it would look better.

I am sure that once coraline starts to grow on it that you won't notice the concrete look so much. I can't hardly tell the difference in my classroom tank (but there are only two pieces on the bottom of the pile).

dsoz