Question about Frustration/Anger?

Michael7979

When you get really bad news or are pissed off so much that you feel like punching someone ........What do you do?

Got real upset today and just feel like kicking the s%@* out of the person responsible. No I will not do it, (as they are in Tennessee), but looking for someway to get rid of this feeling.................

Please give me your ways of dealing with frustration/anger, thanks.

P.S. I can't drink as I have to go to PDX and pick up family at 10 o'clock, hoping to be in a better mood by then.

Drinking out of anger or other strong emotions is a bad habit to start. Strenuous exercise is pretty widely viewed as a great way to deal with stress, not only does it help dispose of all that energy it also gives time to think through the situation that caused the problem in the first place. I hear it is also good for you, makes you sleep better and improves the water quality in your tanks :)

I used to do a lot of Martial Arts. Kicking the stuffing out of a heavy bag was my favorite way to blow off steam. Hitting balls at the batting cages or driving range might work if you are so inclined.. they'd just tick me off more as I'm not very good when thinking straight -- when angry, I'd shank them all and end up tossing the club/bat through a window ;)

....Strenuous exercise is pretty widely viewed as a great way to deal with stress' date=' not only does it help dispose of all that energy it also gives time to think through the situation that caused the problem in the first place. I hear it is also good for you, makes you sleep better and improves the water quality in your tanks :)......[/quote']

Andy you have seen me does it look like I exercise..........(laugh) DOH! (laugh)

Depends on what your talking about, different situations call for different tact, as a young adult you look too revenge for everything, as you get older you know its not worth your time and the person is not worth your time, If someone trys to mess with me there would be hell to pay but if they simply try to steal my car, well... I could care less. There is a time... and especially a place. Justification is the first thing to sort and second the penalty. These days in my older age, you can't get me going very often, but if someone messes with something I love (another loved one).. well... Then I have to take deep breathes and hope I don't go to jail. But tangable objects are always replaceable, however life isn't.

I have never been one to throw stuff or break something, because then I am pissed off about what I broke over the anger in the first place...I guess I just dwell on it and let it pass. I guess I get over things quickly...it is now in the past...if there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, then no use stressing over it.