Some Hawaii pics

impur

Got back from hawaii at about 2:30am last night. Slept REAL late and just got around to putting up a few pics. I dropped the underwater film off today so i should have those pics in a few days. Hope to have some real sweet pics from snorkeling, particularly at the Capt. Cook monument. Some of the most amazing fish and corals i've seen.

Sunset off our balcony

P7210094.jpg

Down the coast

P7190012.jpg

P7190023.jpg

P7190009.jpg

Crevice in the lava rock

P7190029.jpg

Petroglyphs

P7190031.jpg

Pencil urchin in tidepool

P7190034.jpg

P7190035.jpg

P7190036.jpg

More sunset

P7200062.jpg

One of the volcano craters at the volcano nat. park. Thats steam !

P7210083.jpg

P7210087.jpg

P7210085.jpg

It was a 4 mile hike thru the crater and back. I bet it was 10 degrees hotter inside the crater. It was 79 and muggy at the visitor center!

P7210087.jpg

P7210089.jpg

What can I say Miles, I'm so famous that they've got a road dedicated to me. LOL. (Palani is actually one of my middle names)

Where did you stay, the Mauna Lani? I know for a fact that it's on the Kona coast some where, and it's not on Ali'i Drive (well it might be if it is further down the road). Did you go hiking around Kilauea crater? Man I ran the whole 13 mile trail around the crater twice (not in one day, and this was when I was in shape). It's a beauty. I'm glad you went to my home and appreciated the beauty of the land. Hurry up and post up the rest of the pics so I can see where you went.

We stayed in Kailua-Kona, at the Keahou Surf & Racket. Its down at the southern end of Ali'i. We hiked thru the Kilauea Iki crater. It was a good hike. No way i'm running it though (laugh)

Here is the link to my photobucket where i put all the pics we took minus the snorkeling ones. Lots of pics of the sunsets!!! Such an awesome place, i can't wait to go back

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v292/impur/Hawaii%202006/

Yah, we rented a kayak and cruised across the bay to the Capt. Cook monument. I put on suntan lotion before the trip. We got there, did some of the most amazing snorkeling i've seen, rested, drank some beers, had some lunch. Put on more suntan lotion and headed back. Its like i never put it on. That crap just doesn't work on my skin for some reason.

There was a police guy out in a boat right there in the bay and at least 50 other ppl so i wasn't too worried.

What pissed me off was the ppl who stand there on the reef to fix their mask or whatever. No regard for the coral or other critters. I would swim over to them and tell them "You know you killed about 10-15 years of coral growth to fix your mask. Way to go #%&$*@!."

• 2 weeks later...