Tunze users....

drock59

Ive been thinking for long time about getting some Tunze streams for my tank but I need some feedback before I go for the plunge. For those of you that use them, what is your opinion? I am considering this change simply becuase in the long term the streams will save me a lot of money in electrical costs. I can run less than 50 watts of Tunze Streams, or 160 watt dart.

Also, do any of the LFS's carry Tunze products? I have never seen any.

I have 2 streams and 1 wavebox and love them all. If you get a stream make sure you get magnet holders so you can move them around. I have controllers on both streams which gives you nice control if you need it. I would recommend buying the bigger stream with a controller for the most options. Of course this is also the most exensive. :(

I'm thinking a couple of the controllable Stream Nanos will fit my tank nicely, but it sure would be nice to see them in-person. Must be hard for the LFS community though, expensive to stock and tough to compete with the cut-rate margins available on the web.

I think I would go with the 6000's and if needs be upgrade the transformers to make it a 6100. I cant afford the big daddys unless I really NEED them. :) I am also temped just to get the cheaper version, 6060 or 6080 without the controller but everyone says the controller is a must.

My thinking is that if i do not like the cheaper ones I could sell them pretty easily and recoup most of my money.

Hows the wavebox? That unit looks pretty interesting but I wonder how well it would do on a 4ft tank like mine.

I dont understand why it would be hard for LFS's to stock them? I figure it would bring more people into the store. Whats weird is that none of the LFS's that I know of use any of their products.

Probably the biggest reason most stores don't carry them is that none of the major wholesalers in the area carry them. It seems that there are not many distributors for them so that makes it difficult for us to get them without buying them for the same places that you would buy them online. Hard to make money on something when you have to buy it from the same place as your customers would be considering buying it from. I personally would like to carry the Tunze but have not found a distributor to buy them from. Hopefully Rio will have their new controller out for the Seios at the upcoming tradeshow.

Tunze controls the price of their products. There has to be US distributor for Tunze, no? It would not make sense if they sold their product at the same price to stores as they would to individuals.

That really isnt the issue for me anyway...i just want to know what people think of their tunze products.

I have 2 6100 streams and the 7195 controller for my new tank that I'm in the process of setting up, so its a little hard for me to say that they are amazing since they are not being used yet. But from what I've seen they are very good and put out a very strong current...