A few issues...

yep wrasses are definitely easy to ween on to frozen, most of the time the lfs's do this for us so by the time we get them they are already eating frozen. To ensure this ask the store owner to feed the fish before you buy it so you can see with your own eyes if its eating prepared foods! Good to do this anytime you purchase a fish, and don't fall for the the fish have already beeen fed today trick, fish are pigs they will always eat more!!!!!

I got a yellow wrasse (canary/golden) from WAVES yesterday. Really pretty fish and he'll be fat and happy for a couple weeks picking off all the critters to munch on in the tank. The watchman is acting tough when his turf gets encroached on, but the wrasse hardly notices and moves right along. I'm nervous about the wrasse jumping though...my canopy is open in the back and about half of the area is not covered by HOB items but there is a frag shelf hanging there...I just keep telling myself it would be a 1 in 100 shot that would give him the angle and speed to get out of the tank. Hopefully my bubble isnt burst by finding him on the floor DOH! Thanks for the advise..I'm really happy with this fish!

The wrasse is fat and happy...he was bit timid for the first couple days. He hid as soon as the MH went off and wouldn't come out in the morning until they were back on. Now hes staying out until the actinics switch off and he's coming out in the morning with just room lights and indirect natural light.

I was resuspending detritus yesterday and was pretty surprised by something I saw floating around in the water. It was a pod exoskeleton that was huge by pod standards...curled up it was the size of a fingernail...stretched out it would probably be an inch long! I was starting to worry that maybe I did have a zoa eating nudi on my hands as I have lost a couple more small polyps, but they were on the opposite end of the tank. This happened just a couple days after the wrasse was put in the tank and hasnt happened again for several days that I have noticed. I'm sure the pod population has not been "wiped out" out all yet. With pods that big I would suspect them to be the culprit over a nudi that I have searched high and low for, but have never seen. Maybe I should do a little night time searching so see what is coming out in the dark.

A bacterial bloom broke out on the glass again...this one was pretty strange because I have been running fresh carbon every 4-6 days for the last couple weeks. I thought my water quality was getting better, but apparently there is something in there that these bugs really like. Corals still look great so I'm not concerned at this point though.