THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS 2008-09 THREAD

R-3

Too bad the refs blew 2 calls on the same play in the SA game the other night.

I mean giving them a 3ptr. after the shot clock said '00', but to also miss the outright holding of the defender who got pulled to the floor while coming to put a hand in the face of the shooter.

The Clips should have been on the FT line with 1.3 secs. left in a tied game.

As long as we win, we can do no worse than 4th place, if houston also loses tomorrow, we can have third. if SA wins and houston loses, sa gets 4th and houston gets 5th, if the both lose, houston gets 4th and sa gets 5th. I love the prospect of a 4 way tie for 2nd.. it makes mathletes work overtime. In third, we will likely play the hornets, in 4th we get san antonio which i would prefer, however 3rd means we dont play lakers till the wcf if we got that far, which would be a bonus!

Yeah we need to take care of business with Denver.

Like Ryan said Miles all we gotta do is win and we get at least the 4th seed. A Houston loss would be sweet and get third and not play LA till the WCC's.

Huge win tonight, really flushed the nuggets so to speak...

I like the Houston matchup more than most...I just think our depth will wear on them over multiple games, and we have seen lately that even if Artest decides to lock down Roy, everyone else steps up huge. Home court is HUGE, and they are not too terribly experienced in the playoffs either (yao hasnt made it out of the first round has he?). We just seem to be coming together and peaking at the right time right now, and Nate is doing a great job of keeping everyone focused and grounded.

Gonna be a great series!!

Who here is excited about this first playoff game tomorrow. I know I am!

I can't wait for the Blazers to play the Rockets. It's going to be a good show. I've been a Blazers fan since I was 3 years old and I've been waiting for something great like this to happen to our team again for a few years now.

* Retracting statement, Oden stepped up to the plate tonight for his team with a sinus infection. Good to see it.

Ricky Soutas Jr.

-Soutas Saltwater & Reef Inc.-

Got taken to the wood shed. Worst possible match up in my opinion is the rockets. Hope they can win a few. yao was on fire.

Even if they get swept I am still proud of them, they are good kids and they can hold there heads high. At least they aren't getting in trouble like the blazers of old.

Greg Oden stepped up tonight and did the right thing. He played ok, but I wish more of the team had as well. They needed to bring way more intensity to the game. The Rockets were on a real streak tonight, and one of the biggest things that got them was letting Ming get hot by not shutting him down early.

That reffing was almost unbelievable, did you see those calls / lack of calls? And to think that commissioner Stern was watching this.

The Blazers need to put this game behind them, learn from it, but put it behind them and focus on a game plan for Tuesdays game.

I'm sure they'll do much better! :)

Ricky Soutas Jr.

-Soutas Saltwater & Reef Inc.-