THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS 2008-09 THREAD

R-3

Yeah good game by the Blazers against a young Hawks team on the up. Im glad they didnt make a move. I didnt want Carter, Jefferson, or some other guy that wont fit. We got a nucleus now lets see how it works out.

Aaron Brooks did look pretty good. I think he will become a better player in the NBA than he ever was in college. Hes got a lot of upside.

Time to get Bayless in there...

His ceiling is MUCH higher than sergio, he is a better defender, and clearly is more of the 'future' than sergio. I understand the spanish connection stuff, its cute, but if KP really is focused on 'doing whats best for the future' bayless should be in there.

Oden will be fine, I would rather him heal completely right now than be half-speed come playoff time. Like Roy said at the beginning of the year, 'we just gotta go on doing our thing and if hes there, great, if not, we will still be fine'

Yah he is. But they didn't have Duncan. Should have been the 1st win for the Blazers at SA in a long time. I went to the bar and got there with the score 84-86 with 3min left.

Yeah - this definitely seems like a huge opportunity to get a giant monkey off their back wasted. Very frustrating to watch - sure wish we had TP (or Chris Paul for that matter) - I know, dream on.

I am really torn over this squad these days. I love the young talent and potential but get really frustrated with the difficulties defending the pick and roll (what's with switching 90% of the time????), defensive rotations (or lack there of) and inability to close out better on perimeter shooters. There is part of me that agrees with the "they will get better with more experience" but there is also the "if Nate is supposed to be such a great defensive coach, how could he continue to let this happen" part of me as well. Truthfully, I have never been sold on Nate as a good game day coach based on his substitution patterns and seeming inability to effectively adapt to the game on the fly but lately I have also been questioning both offensive (how can they not figure out a way to consistently get Oden the ball in the post - high/low anyone?) and defensive schemes (see switching 90% of pick and rolls above). I know he has a reputation and all but sometimes....

Then again, you have what is in reality the youngest team in the league (minus Raef) with an excellent record and still in the playoff hunt in the West so hard to be too judgmental.

OK... sorry for the BB rant folks. Back to fish and coral. :D

No fish and coral in this thread, this is Blazers talk!!

I agree with you for the most part. It seems like if Aldrige or Roy is on, there is no offense. Give them the ball, everyone back out of the lane and see if they can create. Which is great when they are on, but there is still a lack of any type of offense. The other team knows whats coming. They can't get Roy a good shot off of a high-low with Oden?????? But it is exciting to watch them again, its been several years for me. I hope they can go deep into the playoffs, that would be fun.

couple pix

got a good photo tonight at the winter season ticket holder party... probably will use it for the christmas card.

ryanlynnandprzybilla.jpg

and speaking of the gorilla, took this photo a couple weeks back that i was especially proud of given the ultra slow speed of my camera... that is miles he is pwning at the memphis game

przybillamiles.jpg

anyone gonna be at the pacers game? maybe we can meet for a beer?

Nice pics Ryan. The Vanilla Gorilla is a irreplaceable part of the Blazers. I watched that Memphis game and it was great to see Miles get owned.

I will be at the Lakers game on Monday. I wanted to go to the Pacers but didnt work out. I cant wait to watch Roy run Kobe into the ground!

maybe we can catch up monday then.

Sounds good Ryan. Im in the second row of 207 i think? I wanna try to make it up a little early to get something to eat too :)

Wow the Blazers just escaped that one. They didn't play well but a wins a win!

Me and my dad were talking to some medical people the other day, and word was going around that Oden's good leg got bumped, and he decided to take a little vacation.

Meanwhile Przybilla was so sick, he had to get a IV stuck in his arm, and after he was done with it he still went out and played ball.:confused:

He did a lot of good playing at tonight's game. The guy deserves more credit than he receives.

Ricky Soutas Jr.

-Soutas Saltwater & Reef Inc.-

Yah he does, got a double double with the flu! He's a machine!

I thought Bayless sparked em in this game. Got em going toward the end of the 3rd, if only he would have hit that 3 that would have been huge for him. But it ended the right way at least. TJ Ford is unreal, guy can hit anything it seems like.

TJ Ford is unreal' date=' guy can hit anything it seems like.[/quote']

No kidding!

Tonights game against Denver isin't going so well. I'm sure it will get better though. :)

Ahh, we lost. :(

It was a ok game, but man those refs sure were something.

Ricky Soutas Jr.

-Soutas Saltwater & Reef Inc.-

Blazers snuck one out last night, Played mediocre against a mediocre team. No good at home. Blazers better be ready for Kobe on Monday. Lets tame the Black Mamba BLAZERS!!! GO BLAZERS!!!!

Lakers got WORKED! Our bench showed how superior we are to them (at home at least) and it was good to see some grit in the little squabble. That should answer some questions as to the toughness of this team.

Adam Morrison is a joke, as with Sasha, and most of the rest of their bench. What sort of a name is Sasha for a guy anyways? I mean I get he is trying to confuse us with the hair and name but come on, you are wearing a purple jersey already, he is a fake pair of nails away from getting Jack Nicholson excited in a whole new way on the sidelines.