THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS 2008-09 THREAD

R-3

Well.... a good season comes to a rather painful conclusion. Nice effort by the team this year. I am looking forward to seeing Oden after a summer of conditioning and skills work on two good knees as well as a more seasoned Batum. Lots of things to look forward to next year!

But.... is there really any doubt anymore that we need a starting point guard? Also, Travis showed me absolutly nothing in this series. When his shot isn't falling he is bringing nothing to the table. Some decisions to be made this off season - let the speculation begin!

Disappointing but proud... the team made some great strides this year, overachieved in the regular season, underachieved in the post season, and ultimately demonstrated to the coaching staff what changes need to be made for another forward push next year.

Was a fun ride!

BRoy is going to be making some serious waves in the coming years, and LA will be an allstar very soon.

Glad they did this well! Just hated to see a disappointing game be the last game of the year. Wish it would have been closer.

Speculations:

1-They get rid of Sergio and Frye and most likely Ruffin too.

2-They need to make up their mind on which player to trade Outlaw or Webster. (I say Outlaw)

3-They need to go and get a veteran PG that can either start or can be a back up to Blake. I don't think Blake is that bad a PG. Someone like Sam Cassel in the end of his career.

4- They need to find a stronger power forward to play when LA sits. A guy who has a little attitude and gets all his points off put backs and FTs. A player that is what I call a 'garbage player'. Someone who will do all the scraping and dirty work. (like Kurt Rambis of old)

• 1 month later...

Blazers did a great job last night. I know some people dont understand but heres my run-down of it.

Claver was someone that they highly coveted last year when they brought him in. The wanted him last year and probably would have picked him with the first then. I think its a great pick. Let him sit in Europe and develop. He's gonna be a special player especially with that length.

As for moving up 2nd round picks are like 7 rounders in the NFL. Most teams only have 1 spot maybe two on the 12 man so there isnt a need in the NBA for 20 2nd round picks like the Blazers had. I think both picks Pendegraft and Cunningham are just what they needed in some tough bangers at the 4. Cunningham can even play some 3 from what I have seen. Solid 2nd round picks. Then I personally feel the steal of the draft was Patty Mills at 55! I think he has a lot of potential to do something in the NBA. I like that he might be going to Europe to develop too!

Expect the Blazers to be ready when free agency to comes. Especially with a couple more millions to play with after Serg gone. Later

The two spot move was in all likelyhood an effort to get Ty Lawson or Tyler Hansborough (the only two rookies that they really wanted on the team that were realistic for us to grab). Once they got to 22 since neither was available, they took BPA from the euros to stash. Pendegraph was the PBA in the PF spot, sure Blair was still there, but he was passed almost twice by every coach, so there was definitely something seriously wrong with his knees despite what he said... they were both red flagged at the combine after all. In all likelihood, he will get a full check out by the Spurs medical staff, and won't even make the roster.

Mills will in all likely not make the roster cut at the end of summer... but he was intruiging, so they are giving him a shot since he was still floating around

This is going to be a wicked place to be on the 7th when offers for FA's can fall, I expect us to have either Harris or Turkeyglue by the end of that day, with a strong preference for devin.

The two spot move was in all likelyhood an effort to get Ty Lawson or Tyler Hansborough (the only two rookies that they really wanted on the team that were realistic for us to grab). Once they got to 22 since neither was available, they took BPA from the euros to stash. Pendegraph was the PBA in the PF spot, sure Blair was still there, but he was passed almost twice by every coach, so there was definitely something seriously wrong with his knees despite what he said... they were both red flagged at the combine after all. In all likelihood, he will get a full check out by the Spurs medical staff, and won't even make the roster.

Mills will in all likely not make the roster cut at the end of summer... but he was intruiging, so they are giving him a shot since he was still floating around

This is going to be a wicked place to be on the 7th when offers for FA's can fall, I expect us to have either Harris or Turkeyglue by the end of that day, with a strong preference for devin.

If the Blazers land Harris, I will poo myself.

I believe their order of trade/FA importance is as follows (mind you this is just based on radio broadcasts, media projections, and message board ramblings, no direct quotes):

D. Harris

R. Artest

R. Rondo

H. Turkoglu

K. Heinrich

R. Turiaf

If we can land any of those we will have some great upgrades, get one of the top 3 on that list and we will see WCF next year. There are some others, but none that will be affordable, or are on teams that want to deal with us. If we slip in quality lower than any of those, it isn't worth breaking the synergy of the team IMHO.

I like that list of players besides Heinrich. I don't think he is much of an upgrade over Blake. I hope they stay to that list and stay away from Kidd or Nash. I don't think in this point of their careers they can provide the help the Blazers need.

I like that list of players besides Heinrich. I don't think he is much of an upgrade over Blake. I hope they stay to that list and stay away from Kidd or Nash. I don't think in this point of their careers they can provide the help the Blazers need.

I agree that hes not much of an upgrade over Blake. He is a little bit better defender but thats about it.

What really doesnt work for me is his $10 mill a year salary compared to Steves 4 mil.

Just remember they could have traded for him last year at the trade deadline and did not!

I really don't think he is in the plans anymore. Though he is taller and a better defender then Blake. But for $6 million more? I think the money can still be used elsewheres.

I know it is a longshot dream but I am still wanting to see if KP has called N.O. about CP3!!! I think N.O. wants to unload salaries, they keep trying to unload Tyson Chandler.

The answer is always "NO" until you ask the question!!