New Tank build thread.

H20cooled

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would update with the latest pics and status. So, the faux sand bed is almost done, the seam between the 2 peices need to be filled with silicone and sand. I finished my sump this weekend, it will hold around 30G of water with a 10G area for overflow in a power outage. The tank is now setting on the stand on a 1" peice of foam from HD. I have to wait until friday to work on anymore plumbing because the peices I needed had to be ordered. So here are the pics.

Here is the faux sand bed in the 2 peices

NewTank023.jpg

NewTank027.jpg

Here is the sump.

NewTank021.jpg

Here is the tank on the stand.

NewTank025.jpg

NewTank024.jpg

Well I got a bunch done last week and over the weekend. I still need to finish the plumbing for my skimmer but everything else is pretty much done.

I installed my Tunze 6100 streams in the tank this weekend also and I'm blown away with the amount of water these things move, the actually create a wave that runs across the tank. The only thing I don't like so far is their mounting system, it doesn't hold them as tight as I would like but I'm working on fixing that.

For the plumbing I tried to stick with the gray pvc but I found out that I was missing a couple of items so I had to use the white. I also tried out the bending of PVC pipe for the plumbing, it works very good if you pack the PVC with sand and get it hot enough.

Here are some pictures.

NewTank028.jpg

NewTank032.jpg

NewTank031.jpg

NewTank029.jpg

It is in the garage basicly ready to go, I have a couple little things that I need to do but nothing that would affect the install. That said the person that was building my stand cover and canopy was not able to do it, so I'm back at square one with that. I have an appt tonight with a customer cabinet guy to see what he can do for me.

Then I have to find the time to get the tanks swapped and setup. My plan is to borrow a frag tank setup from a friend, move the current tank into it and then move and setup the new tank. Then I can work on separting the corals from the rock and putting them in a good place.

Rich

• 3 weeks later...

Update

Well, I finally have a good update. I now have my stand cover and the tank moved into the house. The contents of my old tank is in a friends frag tank in my garage. Doing it like this makes it a lot easier and it allowed me to replace my floor with pergo type flooring.

Here are some pictures.

Frag tank setup with contents of old tank.

NewTank006.jpg

New tank moved into the house:

NewTank005-1.jpg

NewTank004-1.jpg

Great Job!!!!!!!!!. The corals look fantastic!!!!!!!! They all look like they made the change over without a hitch. The hood and cabinet came out perfect. But is that water dripping in the 2nd picture on the right??? J/K :) Maybe you can shoot a video of the flow and the skimmer. Again, a great build. Thank You for sharing it all. (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap)

• 5 weeks later...