Testing Continued

i had thought i heard those kits where unreliable. I use a seachem CA test and I'm pretty happy with it.

Having used both Salifert and Seachem and my experience as a chemist- I would take the Salifert test kit any day over the Seachem. Just my two cents.

I do not think saliferts are worth the money... I do not test enough to justify the price for salifert...My seachems do fine...My best test is my eyes...If something looks off, then I test and the seachems let me know what is wrong. from the looks of it, I am in the major minority here.

Let's see 2 400W halides' date=' an external return pump, cls pump, skimmer, sump............., the price of the test kits get lost in th noise.[/quote']

Some one that is on a semi budget (that term used as lightly as it can in regard to this hobby), that 60 bucks saved could be used for a better skimmer or maybe some extra t-5 lights or the extra little to get a calcium reactor set up, or a better pump to make the corals happeir, or a refractometer...I agree to a point that it would get lost in the niose, but I did my tank on as much of a budget as possible, and that 60 bucks went to somewhere better and my tank is doing fine...Again, I have some expeirence in this hobby, my eyes are my test kit, (exception calcium) if anything looks off it would be off enough to register on the test kits.