New Skimmer

a good rep or a bad rep? I have read alot of bad things about the remoras... anyone know about the CPR?

I've got a CPR bak pak 2R... It works fine- I haven't used any other skimmer so I really can't say it works better or worse than something else.

You will be much happier with the Tunze then you would have been with the Remora. I had one for 2 yrs on my 30G tank and it was never pulling out much. I switched to a Tunze and it pulled out more junk in 2 weeks then my Remora did in 2 yrs. They are very good skimmers and well worth the $$$.

Rich

Hey Rich can you put up a pic with that skimmer in action? I might do this on my 37 because of limited space. I know we talked about it at the meeting, but I would just like to see one up close. Later Ryan

Ahh so yours is different from the nano one. I wonder how they compare and if they still use the "hydrofoamer" thingy. Hmmm.. I guess Im going to have to do some research. I like the compact size of each model though. Later Ryan

I do, there is just so much mis-information out there regarding skimmers, people go out and spend a hundreds of dollars on skimmer only to find out that it only works so so on there setup. I did a lot of research on skimmers when I first got into this hobby and the Aqua C was very reccomended, so I bought it. But I was never happy with the amount it pulled out, I tried several different mods and nothing made any difference. So, when I ran into a thread on RC regarding the Tunze skimmers and then I saw the price wasn't that much I decided to give it a try. I wasn't disappointed at all. I do think they are rated a little high on the volume they will support though, but I highly believe in overskimming.

Rich