Congrats!

kriswaters

I want to be one of the first persons to give a public congrats (clap) to Aqua-ed. He has been chosen as the next recipent for the Tanks for Teachers program. We are currently in the process of purchasing a tank and I know that Dsoz has a few supplies laying around ready for donation.

I will donate a beautiful Candy Cane coral once the tank is established. This of course courtesy of Impur....and the rescue at the airport event LOL!

I would encourage any member of viewer to offer donations to this great program. Feel free to contact any of us with your ideas, donations and imput!

More to follow....(rock2)

Kris

YAY! Go Lee! Send me a PM so we can hook up and I can get some of this stuff out of my house (and tanks). I never thought that you could have enough hermit crabs... But I think I have too many. Every time I feed they are all scrambling all over to be the first one to get to the food that drops to the bottom. It looks like the whole bottom of the tank is moving.

I got live sand, snails, some "real" LR, and some DIY LR.... Oh ya, a lot of hermits, and some frags for you too. :)

I could pick up some capnella (Kenya tree) from Smann when I go get some for my tank.

dsoz

A big thanks to everyone!

I'm really excited about this. I've teamed up with the senior career class for this project. It's a required course where the seniors work with something or someone in their hopeful career field. Some of the future marine biologists are going to be in charge of the tank. I'm also going to try and get a future web designer to maintain the wiki.

It'll be a blast! Thanks again!

And thanks, Dennis, I'll take you up on that offer when we get her going.

I want to be one of the first persons to give a public congrats (clap) to Aqua-ed. He has been chosen as the next recipent for the Tanks for Teachers program. We are currently in the process of purchasing a tank and I know that Dsoz has a few supplies laying around ready for donation.

I will donate a beautiful Candy Cane coral once the tank is established. This of course courtesy of Impur....and the rescue at the airport event LOL!

I would encourage any member of viewer to offer donations to this great program. Feel free to contact any of us with your ideas, donations and imput!

More to follow....(rock2)

Kris

This is great, but I have a question. What was the process to make this decision? In looking though the threads I couldn't find a call for applications etc. I was just wondering what the process is to get a tank.

Bob

This is great, but I have a question. What was the process to make this decision? In looking though the threads I couldn't find a call for applications etc. I was just wondering what the process is to get a tank.

Bob

Bob,

I am sure that you are aware that every project has some sort of beginning! Equally, good projects take time to develop and to "iron out" all of the details. To date, the previous minutes (posted on the home page) should include some basic information.

There has been an application designed (thanks 180Brandy) and available on the wiki site. Those interested visit the site and usually take the time to inquire about it through someone such as an officer, BOD, or current TFT participant, or if not involved in the club...inquire to Joel. That application, once filled out, can be submitted to any officer or BOD and then put up for review at an official BOD/OFFICER meeting. Once approved (to date we have one official applicant) then the process begins.

It would be my hope and ambition that we could arrange for 1-2 tanks to be awarded at the beginning of each school year. It will take effort on all of our parts to help figure out a way to fund these tanks, obtain donations to "stock" the tank as well as educate the "general public" of our ideas.

An idea like this does take time to develop, and lets give credit where credit is due...I understand that this was something you initially thought up! Thanks so much 180Bob, and please let me know if you would like to get more involved.

Kris

On further note. We have looked into purchasing a tank manufactured by Jalli. I have (unfortunately) received a bit of negative feedback about those tanks. Has anyone else had experience with them?

To date problems have occurred with ballasts and pumps.

I have, however, been offered tanks...yes that was tanks from one of our sponsors. He lives in Florence, Oregon, and I am trying to arrange a way to pick these tanks up! The will be donated free of charge...we just need to get them!

Kris