Float switch question?

siskiou

It's supposed to float, that's why it's called a float switch.;) (I'm sorry couldn't help myself) There are so many different types that it's hard to say. Hook your pump up and plug it in, then adjust your water level from there.

It's one of the cheapest items that I bought for my tank, but I think it was the best investment that I made. I can go away for the weekend :)no problems:)

It's supposed to float' date=' that's why it's called a float switch.;) (I'm sorry couldn't help myself) :)[/quote']

Noooo! You don't say?? :D

Thanks, I have it set up and will be watching like a hawk for the next few days to see that things work okay.

I have an aqualifter pump hooked up to it, which is nice and slow and quiet.

Now that I know how to splice these things into an extension cord, I only have to set up two more for the other tanks, and I won't be lugging around water every day anymore.

The only problem is to hide the top-off reservoirs!

I'll have to find something low that fits under the futon couch in the living room, but holds a large enough amount of water to make it worth it.

My current solution (5G jug on the coffe table) just doesn't look that great. ;)

-Susanne

i put a mark above float so that way if float is leaking ill notice before any damage is done but beings your on a resivor youll be safer mines plumed to my coldsterile water purifacation unit so its under constent perssure but if its res is 20gal or more be good to have mark as a safe gaurd so u can catch if letting more water out then it should.