Since school started.....

180Brandy

The tank is still in my basement at my house. I am still adjusting back to a school schedule (early morning wake up). I will need to get up even earlier to get the tank to school. I think that this week I'll be able to get it done.

I actually have two tanks that I need to return to school. There is another teacher that I have a tank for, and it will probably go back on Monday (It is a FOWLR tank). I can put all the stuff in buckets the night before with powerheads to keep the water moving. That way I only need to load the car up in the morning.

I may be able to do a similar thing with the TFT tank. The only problem is I don't have enough empty buckets to take all the water that I need for the tank in one shot. I need to take some water to school, store it in something, bring my containers back home, fill them up again, then take all the rest of the stuff in a second trip. This is fun to think about how it will get done. :)

dsoz

The tank is still in my basement at my house. I am still adjusting back to a school schedule (early morning wake up). I will need to get up even earlier to get the tank to school. I think that this week I'll be able to get it done.

I actually have two tanks that I need to return to school. There is another teacher that I have a tank for, and it will probably go back on Monday (It is a FOWLR tank). I can put all the stuff in buckets the night before with powerheads to keep the water moving. That way I only need to load the car up in the morning.

I may be able to do a similar thing with the TFT tank. The only problem is I don't have enough empty buckets to take all the water that I need for the tank in one shot. I need to take some water to school, store it in something, bring my containers back home, fill them up again, then take all the rest of the stuff in a second trip. This is fun to think about how it will get done. :)

dsoz

And don't forget keeping the temp up!! Just another pain I know. If not you may have excess die off and a recycle :)

Thanks for all the offers. I know I can do it, because I brought it home in one trip. But I dumped most of the water and had some more at home already mixed up. On Monday I took a 20g tank to school that I was baby-sitting for another teacher over the summer. The move went just fine. Now I just need to remember to bring home the buckets so I can transfer the TFT tank.

What I did with the other tank was to have all the "important stuff" in buckets with a PH the night before. Then all I had to do was put the tank in the back seat, and the buckets in the trunk. 35 minutes later the tank is getting placed in the classroom, and all the stuff put back in. Done deal, and it is all good. :) The rock all stayed submerged so there is no noticeable cycle.

The students at school have been asking where the tank is because they remember it from last year. They want to see how the stuff in there has changed.

dsoz

• 2 weeks later...

Tank is up. There was a small cycle that made some of the stuff unhappy, but I think it all survived. I have not brought in my camera to school yet to get some pictures. I did get a new frogspawn from Vanz last weekend and it is in the tank now. I hope it does well. The kids that have seen it think that it is an anemone. :)

I'll try to remember to bring my camera this week to get some pics up for all to see.

dsoz