Fall Frag-Fest "Eugene"

downhill_biker

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think you are probably right. i think that acans are very tempermental and change a lot depending on the lighting. mine, i think have too much light, under 250w MH. i think the 12 bulbs i got may help decrease the bleaching a little. but good news is...corals usually bleach with too much light, so these would get brighter. WOOHOO

OK....So were are all full. The coral has been completely spoken for....We've cut it off at 8 people' date=' those 8 that have been involved through this whole process, and committed to the coral purchase. If anyone else shows, the event will be very educational, but there is no coral left....sorry.[/quote']

So, who made the list?

Not sure if I'm one of the 8 or not.

Yes you are part of the 7 (not 8), but if you want less coral when you get to the party that's fine, I will buy the rest of what you dont want. If you stil want 3 heads, for $15 and dont want to spend the extra, no problem. Those who have already confirmed and spoken for the coral are:

downhill_biker

briefcase

coralreefaquarist

algae

tidalsculpin

impur

siskiou

so sorry i said 8, my bad. and the total for what people have said they want is around $170, plus whatever i buy. so i guess we could accomodate more, just dont want a bunch of people coming down just to buy up the coral, when we have done all the work.

I guess we really could use a couple more people to help bring down the cost a little. So far looks like there is about $55 left, and I didn't really want to buy that much of a frag, so if one or two more want in on this great coral, you are welcome. AND OF COURSE everyone is welcome, without having to purchase if they dont want to.

I just recently moved to Springfield and I would be interested in stopping by to meet some local reefers if you all don't mind.

I'm in the process of rebuilding my 135g. Completely tore it down for the move, so I'm starting from scratch pretty much. I hope to have it up and running before Christmas. In the mean time, I just have to get my saltwater fix by admiring other peoples tanks and cruising the boards.

Thanks,

Glenn

I will be making a video. Not worried about the DVD costs. I will make a copy to send to the club' date=' and also to anyone who wants it. I will most likely embed the video after the event happens for everyone to enjoy. Anyone who wants a video can PM me their address, and I will mail it to you.[/quote']

Thanks so much for your offer! I do want one for the club's library!

Kris

I could also host it online if it is in a downloadable format.

Jay

Yeah, I am trying to figure out how to do this. I have a DVD camcorder that puts the movie strait on the DVD and then I can just copy it, but I also have a nice Digital camera, that probably takes better quality video, and gives me the oportunity to download it to my computer and do some video editing. I would rather do that, but then how do I save it as a DVD again? So that it can be played in a regular DVD player?

Yeah' date=' I am trying to figure out how to do this. I have a DVD camcorder that puts the movie strait on the DVD and then I can just copy it, but I also have a nice Digital camera, that probably takes better quality video, and gives me the oportunity to download it to my computer and do some video editing. I would rather do that, but then how do I save it as a DVD again? So that it can be played in a regular DVD player?[/quote']

I have a program called MyDVD Studio by Sonic that allows you to create DVD's from various video formats and save them onto DVD-R's that are compatible with almost all set-top and computer DVD players. If you can get me the video in digital format I can create the DVD. I haven't tried it yet, but it is also supposed to be able to copy video content off an existing non-copyprotected DVD. So, you could use either the DVD camcorder or the digital camcorder and I would still be able to pull the video, edit it and create a new DVD.

This acan started out the first night not opening up and extending it's tentacles at all, probably because it hasn't been fed in so long. After a few nights of me feeding my other corals with my food mix, it decided to start showing signs of being hungry. I have been feeding it when I feed all my other corals every night. Here are some night pics of YOUR coral eating.

bulbs007.jpg

bulbs009.jpg

I have a program called MyDVD Studio by Sonic that allows you to create DVD's from various video formats and save them onto DVD-R's that are compatible with almost all set-top and computer DVD players. If you can get me the video in digital format I can create the DVD. I haven't tried it yet' date=' but it is also supposed to be able to copy video content off an existing non-copyprotected DVD. So, you could use either the DVD camcorder or the digital camcorder and I would still be able to pull the video, edit it and create a new DVD.[/quote']

looks like i found a program on my computer called DVD maker. i looked through and experimented and it works pretty easily so i will most likely do that. i do really appreciate the offer, i just need something fun to do. i have been laid off for a couple months now, and this is something to keep me busy and feel good about. LOL.(clap)

Franklin is bringing over the table tomorrow, and a 5 gallon tank for washing frags, and a 10 gallon tank for putting them in after fragging. We have some chairs, but yes, bring your own chair. Bring your money for the frag, and if you have a dremel, pliers, nippers, or other fragging tool, bring that. I have super glue covered. Bring rock rubble or frag plugs if you have them. I also have the ziplock bags covered. Because we didn't plan it, food should probably be eaten before you come.

SEE EVERYONE AT 5PM ON SATURDAY.

People will be able to choose whether to take home their frag at the time of the party, or you are welcome to let it heal in my tank, up to you.