Fall Frag-Fest "Eugene"

downhill_biker

Just wanted to make things official and post in the events forum that Fall Frag-Fest will be held in Eugene at my House.

1620 Adkins St. #2

Eugene, OR

Date/Time:

Saturday, September 13th, 2008 at 5:00pm

Cost:

[optional] acan frags will be available and be somewhere around $10/polyp. This will be dependent on the number of people that show up and the size of colony. Bring $30 to be on the safe side.

Everyone is welcome to come. If you dont want to purchase a frag, then you can come for free and learn about fragging different corals. We will be covering the fragging process for corals including zoanthids, softies, SPS, and LPS corals. This will be a "bring-your-own-chair" event, since I only have a few chairs.

Please reply to this post if you intend to come to help with a final head count.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoot, I might just have to go down to Eugene on some business that day(whistle)

I will let you know for sure if I can make it a couple of days before the event!

Garrett

Hey maybe carpool.......

If it's cool with you let's talk about it. Would like to go down even just to be there and watch.

Hey maybe carpool.......

If it's cool with you let's talk about it. Would like to go down even just to be there and watch.

I CALL SHOTGUN!!(clap)

I would like to go, but wont know till it gets closer with my work schedule. I would probably drive down separate since I have family there. Im sure we can figure out a way...

I just emailed Jody in regards to pick up frags to eliminate shipping, all I ask is I get a frag of each for the gas. I will not make meeting most likely but I can have Impur bring the colonies. Whoever is running the show please contact me and let me know thoughts on this, I will not be responsible for payment.

I think this may be a good option for us. To trade a frag for the pickup of the coral. Will end up saving us in the long run. We will keep this in mind. Please keep posting and stating whether you intend to purchase a frag or not. Most likely any who "dont know" and are traveling and wont have a for sure attendance until a few days before, will probably lose out on the acan, but are welcome to purchase other frags from me and others.

heres the thing I dont do the rushed thing I am more then happy to get this to you next week I will talk my partner into shipping it (he hate's the responsablity) on Tuesday so up to you it will be 35 to ship and 10.00 a head and it has 24+ heads so up to you guy's but lifes to short to stress lol.

my vote is that we just let this one pass. i know it is a good coral and we were all excited about it, but i just dont think it's worth it. maybe we can find something local. i will be going to the fish stores tomorrow and will see if there are any colonies worth buying. we may have to move onto another type of coral, such as SPS, or zoa of some sort.

LOL I've typed numerous responses but I'll leave it at this' date=' Injoy your frag fest sorry it didnt work out lol.[/quote']

I wasnt saying that I didn't think your coral was worth the money or anything. I just meant that under the circumstances that it isn't worth the stress. I just dont think there is any way that I could come up with the funds by tomorrow to send to you. I apologize for the confusion, I along with many others, really wanted that coral.

i just went on my lunch break to pettime on west 11th. they have a amazing neon pink and white acan lord with over 30 polyps for 239 i think i could prob get a price drop of 20. i would really like to get this colony for the fragfest. the problem is getting the funds together. if we can get someone in eugene with a paypal to get everyone to paypal them for how many polyps they want. or if people here want to chip in i think its an amzing piece i just dont want to spend 220 0r 240 get it and have noone pay for anyof it. anyone else want to help me out and get this piece? we need to make it happen soon theere open till 8 and open tomarow so it can happen we just have to try to ge tthe funds together.