Fall Frag-Fest "Eugene"

downhill_biker

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT A GREAT TIME!!! Thanks everyone for coming, and I hope that everyone went home with a frag they were happy with. Great times with great people. We really have some exceptional people in this area.

Special thanks to Algae as well for supplying the table, and tanks for washing off the corals and holding them. Thanks to Miles for helping with the fragging process, which was somewhat difficult with the thick rock.

I’m still a little high from Fall Frag Fest. I could have talked with each one of you for hours (I had to go to work). The amount of knowledge that can be obtained by a casual meeting, such as we had, astounds me. Thank you all. Books just don’t do it, by themselves. My wife likes the corals, but I quickly bore her to tears if I delve into water parameters, etc. It is great to freely exchange information with others that are as fascinated with reef systems as I am. I almost feel normal!

There must be something about this club and being aquarists that make people wonderful. This whole group was unbelievably great! I half expected someone to get a couple of beers under there belly and urinate into the tank (but, thank God, I quit drinking).

Great Day!

A special thanks to Curtis “Big” Johnson for being the lovely hostess.

What a group! What a meeting! Ducks win!

WE NEED TO DO ANOTHER FRAG MEETING!!

mines kinda iffy. i think it will make it but some of it is reseeded to the skeleton. i blame the darn urchin who keeps perching on top of it and i think accidentally pulling the weaker flesh off(sad).i managed to get it in a tight spot where he cant get to it now. 2 days ago it started to open and i stuff it with food till its very very full. im hopeing for it to be back to normal in a few weeks.thanks for holding fall fragfest buddy(rock2).

Guys I was glad to host it. It was just so much fun. We have such a great group of people in the Eugene area. I truly mean that.

Kevin the anemone is healing great. I took and cut it again so now there are 4 pieces. All 4 pieces are between 1/2 and 3/4 healed and the tentacles are fat and happy. I have 3 in the sump, and 1 in the display. I would say that they will be ready in about a week.

Well you have clowns too. All of the anemones will make it. They are happy, growing and taking food. They are also all attached to the sides of the bowl in the sump. One of them escaped and I though it went through the return pump, but I found it attached to the side of the skimmer. Put it back in the bowl and it is doing great as well. I think we can set up a time to meet, or wait until they are 100% healed, its up to you.

My frag is doing great. Fully inflated and even the small pieces of flesh from the polyps we cut thru are puffing up. I don't think i've lost any of it. I haven't fed it yet though. I think its going to turn green and red. I hope not, as i have 2 others that are that color (laugh) We'll see.

The other frag that we traded lost a small piece of flesh that was part of a polyp but thats it. Its inflated and extending feeders so i'm not worried at all.

My frag is doing great. Fully inflated and even the small pieces of flesh from the polyps we cut thru are puffing up. I don't think i've lost any of it. I haven't fed it yet though. I think its going to turn green and red. I hope not, as i have 2 others that are that color (laugh) We'll see.

The other frag that we traded lost a small piece of flesh that was part of a polyp but thats it. Its inflated and extending feeders so i'm not worried at all.

Cool, good to hear. I guess you do have a couple that are green and red, and you got another from my colony. I dont think this one we fragged up is "that" bleached. I think it will be pink still and some green. we will have to wait and see. if you start to feed the acans at night they will grow fast. that whole area we took off for you and shawn from my colony was new from about 2 months ago, and there are about 6 more like it, small, but good new growth.

• 3 weeks later...