FOOTBALL 2008!!!

Michael7979

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah true :) Lyle gave a couple away. Gave them the 13 points they got :( Would have been nice to shut them out. I think the Beavs could have if not for those ints. The cougs are really really bad. i havent seen a Pac-10 team this bad since the Beavs previous to the 90's :) Later Ryan

If your 1st stringers cant stop out 3rd stringers' date=' im sorry. What did they wanna see more Quizz? (laugh)[/quote']

LOL I'm just messin around i don't care if you get 100 on em. But its all over the place talking about how the beavs ran it up and its because of that pass from Canfield.

Funny nobody said anything when we beat em by 49 or when Cal beat em by 63. Beavers are just a bunch of bullies! (laugh)

I know, i know :)

It seems everyone is making a big deal out of it. Canfield hasnt thrown a ball since last season. Gotta get him some throws.

Nobody threw a fit when Penn State did a fake punt (which was awesome BTW) when they were up by 30+. Later Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah Singletary put Davis in his place. From what I have heard is that Vernon responded well. No blow ups.

USC game was close.

Rice for Prez? I saw that last night and was wondering what the motive would be hmm.....

Who woulda thought 9 games into the season and Oregon looks like a Pop Warner team trying to pass the ball.

I could have told ya that Miles :) I dont think Masoli is the answer. Maybe go back to the Dual QB setup :) I know you guys love that!

Yeah the Beavs game was a little to close for comfort. Dont forget though Rudy Carpenter is a gamer! If you give him a chance to make plays he does. Canfield looked good though besides the pick. I think the big thing why the game was close was the Beavs pass rush was HORRIBLE. They just couldnt get the heat on the QB.

But I am happy the Beavs still control there own destiny to the Rose Bowl. Lets see how this season plays out. Still a lot of football. Later Ryan

I wouldnt put too much stock in Costa. He didnt look to hot when he wasnt injured both years.

Jerimiah was a very good player last year. He used to be able to throw, i dont know what happened.

Good luck against the Furd this weekend. Dont get trapped :)

GO BEAVS BEAT THE BEARS!!

He only played twice previously for a total of 3 series? He is 5-5 for 73 yards. I don't understand how you can say he didn't look too hot cuz he hasn't actually played? I watched him in practice all spring and he DID look good. He had a command of the offense and had great touch with the receivers. But who knows if he can even take a hit with that knee now.

I think JM is just too new in the system. He'll come around. IMO its him or Harper. Both will learn more in the offseason.

Furd is going down!!!

GO DUCKS!!!

Over half of his play was against Portland State and mop up against USC.

From what I heard at spring ball this year was that Roper and him were neck and neck and that they were just gonna start Costa because he could run. I obviously didnt waste any of my time watching a Ducks spring practice :) so I had to rely on other sources :( Well hopefully he can walk right next year let alone play in " Chips O-Quaterback-Wheel-of-Death" offense :)

It seemed fitting. Its been rough though. I wonder if it will affect recruiting? Do you think so Miles?

No i don't think it has any effect on recruiting whatsoever. Just look who Oregon is bringing in this weekend!! This is one of the biggest and most star-studded recruiting visits we'll see.

#1 RB Bryce Brown

#31 RB Montrell Conner

RB/DB Ethan Grant (unrated so far will be 4 or 5 stars) - he will commit this weekend. He said he is 88% sure he will. Whatever that does for ya

#1 CB Cliff Harris (rumor)

To name just a few. I'm still trying to find out who the other 5 or 6 guys are. I should have names tonight.