FOOTBALL 2008!!!

Michael7979

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Utah DOES NOT deserve a shot at the NC simply because they didnt play anyone really. Schedule a texas, oklahoma, florida, or even a USC or a Ohio State and beat them, go 12-0 and THEN whine you deserve a shot and people will listen. That would be like an Ivy league or a MAC school running the table and playing nobody and asking for a shot at the title. Championships arent won in January, they are won over a 4 month period of time.

Explain to me how the game was boring? Cause a 3-0 score. I havent been on the edge of my seat more in a game in a long time. All it took was 1 play' date=' 1 play to change the whole game. I really enjoyed, but I also like defense :)[/quote']

Yah i'm just more an offensive guy. No offense, just not a game i enjoy watching.

Explain to me how the game was boring? Cause a 3-0 score. I havent been on the edge of my seat more in a game in a long time. All it took was 1 play' date=' 1 play to change the whole game. I really enjoyed, but I also like defense :)[/quote']

I would never called OSU a 1 trick pony, but without Quizz, I was basically wiping the drool off my face all day. That was boring. BORING. I mean, did you hear the crowd in that game??? exactly.

Ryan man.... Unless you are a hardcore OSU fan praying they didn't score the whole time, it was boring. Nobody outside areas where these two teams are from would casually watch that snooze bowl.

I would never called OSU a 1 trick pony, but without Quizz, I was basically wiping the drool off my face all day. That was boring. BORING. I mean, did you hear the crowd in that game??? exactly.

Ryan man.... Unless you are a hardcore OSU fan praying they didn't score the whole time, it was boring. Nobody outside areas where these two teams are from would casually watch that snooze bowl.

Yeah I guess it can be hard for some to watch I will admit it. Beavs finish once again in the Top3 in the Pac, how many years in a row?

Who does everyone think wins tomorrow Florida or Oklahoma?

Hey Miles did you just see the Niners hired RATHMAN!! What a sweet hire. Good ol Tom back in the bay!

The other Sam let me down.

I loved how much the announcers kept talking about how awesome Tebow is as a person. I agree, he's a great guy, but they took it WAY far. They pretty much made him sound like he can walk on water.

"He even lived in a colony of lepers"

The other Sam let me down.

I loved how much the announcers kept talking about how awesome Tebow is as a person. I agree, he's a great guy, but they took it WAY far. They pretty much made him sound like he can walk on water.

"He even lived in a colony of lepers"

Oh man that got me 2. WAY WAY to much Tebow man-loving going on in that game.

Well it was a good year in footballe for me. OSU and Oregon end up Top 20. Also OSU joins some good company in

USC, Florida, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, BYU, Virginia Tech, Georgia and Penn State as the only teams to be in the TOP 25 the last 3 years! Also the PAC goes 5-0 in bowls which was nice.

The Civil War game on a Thursday is gonna be a little odd. It seems to me not many people will make it to work on Friday :)

Also the 49ers hopefully found there man in Singletary. Rathman is back in the bay, cant wait to see whos gonna be the OC. Get back to the playoffs next year.

• 3 weeks later...

Ducks had a great class today. I'm still pissed Wheaton picked the rodents, [language filter] is he thinking? Well, meet Cliff Harris, the best cover corner in the west possibly the country. Wheaton's NOT gonna score Wheaton's NOT going to score!!!!

Big time pickup in Diante Jackson, guy is just unreal. Lots of dlinemen which we need. Looking forward to 09 already!!!

• 1 month later...

Check out the new lids

ROMKGIXHXUPISMJ.20090401043728.jpg

There's more to these protective hats than meets the eye. The Oregon O logo on the sides fades from green to yellow when temperatures go below 55 degrees, and the protective memory gel inside the helmet also reacts to the elements for a warming or cooling effect based on the air temperature.

The one-piece molded shell is constructed of polymers designed by NASA and is 28 percent lighter than the average pro model football helmet. The original concept model was equipped with a USB port for uploading MP3 files, but it did not make it through the vigorous safety testing process.

• 3 weeks later...

Another violation for "Foot in your Mouth Negative Recruiting is our Tact Kiffin"

Another secondary violation for Kiffin

April 17, 2009 7:00 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low

Tennessee has self-reported another secondary NCAA violation involving coach Lane Kiffin after Kiffin admitted to several media outlets that he called South Carolina signee Alshon Jeffery more than a month after Jeffery signed with the Gamecocks.

Once a player has signed with a school, it's against National Letter of Intent guidelines for opposing coaches to contact that player.

It's at least the third secondary violation Tennessee has reported involving Kiffin since he was hired on Dec. 1.

In this case, Kiffin said he wasn't continuing to recruit Jeffery, but rather was trying to clear up comments made by Jeffery and his coach at Calhoun Country High, Walter Wilson. They said in an ESPN.com story that Kiffin told Jeffery the night before signing day that he would be pumping gas for the rest of his life like all the other players from the state of South Carolina if he signed with the Gamecocks.

Kiffin has denied making those comments and said Jeffery has told him that he doesn't know where they came from. That's despite Wilson telling The State newspaper last month that Kiffin did indeed make the comments.