FOOTBALL 2008!!!

Michael7979

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bellotti should have got COY. Going thru 5 QBs and finishing 9-3 > beating USC

Yeah but that happened all before the season started pretty much :) I think the main reason is because of the run in the Pac and 3 of 4 loses to Top 15 teams.

All Im saying is Belloti will never get a coach of the year till he utilizes his talent that he recruits. You cant argue with that. The ucks could be USC on a yearly basis with Chip Kelly at the helm I think. So as long as Belotti is around, no go.

Eh not really.

1. Costa went down before the start of the season

2. Roper went down against Purdue

3. Masoli went down against BSU

4. Harper ineffective at QB due to collarbone strain moved to WR

5. Thomas played 1 QTR against BSU

Not as many season ending injuries, and Thomas didn't get hurt. But collectively these guys had about 2 full games of experience.

And 2 of Oregon's 3 losses were to Top 10 teams (naner)

But i do agree with you that Bellotti does less with the talent he has.

BSU vs TCU tonight should be a good one.

I found this thought of you Ryan

JACQUIZZ THE SHORT-LEGGED BEAVER

(Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer)

You know Barnes and Beban and Pritchard and Vince

Lou Holtz and Don James and not many since

But do you recall

The smallest Trojan-killer of all?

Jacquizz the short-legged Beaver

Couldn't stand up very tall

Whenever he got the handoff

He became a bowling ball

Cushing was getting livid

Whenever Quizzie ran around

He'd run through their legs until

The referee said, 'First down'

There must have been some magic there

In Beaver-land, I guess

Because when Quizzie's work was done

The Trojans groaned, 'BCS'

Yes, now the Beavers love him

And they shout it out with glee

Jacquizz the short-legged Beaver

Barred the Trojans from Mi-am-ee

Yeah, now that was a great game. Masoli - He's a man! You see him steamroll over those OSU defensive backs? And the Ducks D were putting the smack down in the second half.

81% of the country picked OSU. Most of the experts as well. OSU fans didn't think Oregon deserved to be on the same field. The funniest argument was that they lost to better teams. LOST! You still lost! Thought i'd toss up some of their comments i've been getting

SUHunterJohn:

Oregon doesn't have on offense that we struggle with which is a true passing game. They have a QB that can run but not as good as Griffin. They have a strong rushing attack but so does OU and we pretty much forced them to throw every down. I like us in this one: 56-30.

PokeAlum00

So I ask again, outside of DE and possibly kicker, what position does Oregon have a clear-cut advantage at?

Poke013005:

Pokes: 56

Duckies: 26

Et4osu

OSU 48 Oregon 21

Dhshepherd:

Seniors on OSU will go out in a blaze of glory. Defense will actually play much better in this one because UO does not have a great passing game to go along with their running game. We can defend the run.

OSU 45, UO 30

I am changing my prediction, we will win by 24!!!

The Oklahoma State University Cowboys - 56

Raindancers - 24

Our second team offense and defense will give you fits in the 3rd quarter, when we are up by 35 points on you!!!

JonforOSU:

OSU 48

UO 21

Oregon does not have better talent than OSU, that's a laughable statement. I see our defense playing an inpired game, just like our last bowl game where we shut down Indiana's "world" offense and James Hardy, who's in the NFL right now starting for the Bills.

UO does not have the defense to shut down an offense like OSU. We have mulitple threats that they havn't faced this year.

Dez Bryant will be open all day, Pettigrew will have a lights out last game in orange, Zac will show he is the better running QB in this game, Hunter will go over 130 yards, Tolston will go over 100 yds.

A good balanced attack will be too much for the Ducks. Sorry Ducks, your out of your league in this one.

ArkansasPoke:

Pokes -- 45

Ducks 14

Our D comes through in a big way! They step up and play their best game of the year.

older school:

The Cowboys will run and run and run AND RUN SOME MORE! Put 10 in the box and goodbye Dez! The pretender 10 teams are weak on run stopping. And the clock will run and run and run some more. Game over quick. Cowboys 44 Ducks 14 Happy New Year!

Vogelweh:

OSU has a lot of high quality balance on offense, with BOTH the running and passing games. I do believe we are a better running team, will run the ball until stopped, and pass in a secondary mode. I really like our offensive line in this one.

So my take? Too many OSU offensive weapons for the Ducks

Et4osu

I wouldn't compare Oregon to a mid-major, more like Baylor or Colorado.

OK, truthfully, Oregon compares well with Missouri. the fifth best team in the Big-12.

Both have good offenses with play makers and very average defenses.

Oregon in the Big-12 would finish fifth, if they beat Missouri. That would be a toss-up game.

Hunter will have more yards rushing than the entire duck team.

Ducks can't stop Zac on the zone read.

Pettigrew and Davis will have more catches than the Duck team, so go ahead double team Dez. Cox or Dez gets a return to the house. Pokes get 463 yards and 45 points. Is the duck defense better than the sooners? No. Pokes by 10.

Oregon plays in a one team league, USC. Oregon would be no better than sixth in the Big-12.

What skill player on the Oregon team is better than Hunter, Bryant, Pettigrew or Zac? The answer, no one.

Cvasso

We would much rather play you than 4 other teams we had on our schedule this year (Missouri, Texas, Tech, Oklahoma). We were competitive in all of them but Tech. Good thing you just run the ball.

KansasPosse:

Maybe you should look at the Heisman finalists, all Americans, and other award winners on the current Mizzou and UT rosters (heck, even OSU's current roster). I'm not worried about the quack 1-2-3 punch

I guess they could fight it out with aTm or Baylor for 6th, but I think da Bears could hold their own...the ags, well, they stunk up the joint this season.

Singapoke:

Oregon is counting on their rushing offense, but look out for OSU's. I predict Hunter and Tosten win this battle by out rushing their counterparts. It's difficult to stop the rushing attack when you have an All American TE and WR as well as a QB with a 67% passing efficiency and can run it as needed.

Jmarking1

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, running back is the only position where you could argue that it's a wash on overall talent at a skill position. Oregon has one heck of a back in Jeremiah Johnson, however he just recently returned to practice Saturday because of a hamstring strain and a viral infection so his overall health for the game is a little in question. He did rush for 1,082 yards but, despite USC's defensive line and, yes, Oregon's D-line, the Pac-10's defensive lines and linebacking corps are a bit down this year. Toss in Kendall Hunter's breakaway threat, shiftiness and ridiculous statistics and even the most biased duck would have to say the RB position battle is really a wash.

But here's where the game could get away for the Ducks (again, really trying to be unbiased). The QB, TE and WR battles are all so unbelievably one-sided towards OSU's favor that if OSU can even get three-to-four stops on D in the game, it should realistically be over. All-American Dez Bryant, Former First Team All Big 12 Brandon Pettigrew and Zac

Pokefan4life:

Guys... I saw the Oregon team at the Holiday Bowl lunchen yesterday... they are NOT very big. Even their all world DE is about my size.

This has the Indiana game written all over it in my opinion.

Xxxbad:

Load the box and we will still run on these guys. Toston has a big night pounding away on their D-line, Spud gets his hundred+, and even Beau goes for a touchdown. Dez has 3 TD's, Davis 2 and Pettigrew 1. OSU controls the ball and limits the touches by the quackers. Cox breaks one that will devastate the birdies. If OSU hits on all cyliders the game is put away by the end of three.

SoonerfanNot”

OSU will have two run for over 100 yards

Robinson will throw for 300, Dez will have 150

good time will be had by all....in ORANGE

AggieTruth:

BIG XII vs PAC 10 nuff said

I think UO fans are going to be little suprised with the speed of our defense.

Avardcurt

The more film I watch of the quacks, the gittier I get feeling. Could be a huge day for ZRob n Company, and could be the best defensive showing of the year. And Special Teams just run wild. Cowboys will be feathering our hats with plucked duck.

Too bad they can't come up with anything other than the trife that they've spewed on our board, and expect us to bow and scrape to them. Kinda like someone coming into your house and telling you what a dump you live in. Yeah,

I've seen this taunt before about eating crow when OSU loses, but when confronted with the same challenge, there's never a reply. That's because, as I pointed out before, there will be endless excuses when the ducks get quacked and run over by Hunter and company, and their precious Massoli gets scrambled like an egg cause he can get rid of the ball fast enough and the run game is shut down.

Now lets see if the beavs can take care of business and keep the Pac10 undefeated in bowl games!

Just goes to show you that nobody takes any left coast team seriously! You can make an arguement for USC but most think the Pac-10 is a soft, finese conference that can't play with the big boys.

Can't wait to hear all the national boys come out and say that Oregon got lucky that Oklahoma St. wasn't playing at their best!! (nutty) Because I know someone will!

But they can all kiss my big fat a$$, because Oregon rolled up the Pokies. That was probaly the best all-around game they played this year. Definately the defenses best game!!!

All I can say is GGOOOOOOO DDUUCCKKSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Beavers held on..........

Now the Pac is 4-0 with USC playing on New Years day.

WELL WELL!!!

The conference of champions goes 5-0 in bowl games this year!!! Maybe we will finally get some national love!! (doubt it thou)

I think every team showed they are good defensively and explosive offensely,(except OSU).

I kinda hope Cincy beats Va. Tech so the ACC will go away!!! Even thou I picked Va. Tech in my pool. :)

Uh huh. The same Herbie who has USC as #5. He's such a tool and east coast homer its not funny

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/external/onlinenews.ap.org/top25/index.php?SITE=KYLOU&name=HERBSTREIT

He was saying he supports a +1 so that USC would get a chance. But anyone with half a brain can see it would be #1 Florida vs #4 Alabama then #2 Oklahoma vs #3 Texas. So how does a +1 support USC? More Herbie talking out his rear.

Yah Pac wins the bowl challege. That beaver game has got to be the worst and most boring bowl game ever played.

Explain to me how the game was boring? Cause a 3-0 score. I havent been on the edge of my seat more in a game in a long time. All it took was 1 play, 1 play to change the whole game. I really enjoyed, but I also like defense :)

I have always said they should match up

#1 vs. #4

and

#2 vs. #3

then let the winners play one more game to find a National Champion.

OR

after the bowl games are finished and the final poll comes out......... let #1 and #2 play one more game! Of course you have to use the bowl games as some sort of bracket.