FOOTBALL 2008!!!

Michael7979

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully they don't give Quizz the ball 30+ times a game......... I don't think he's big enough to handle that load.

Yeah the Pac-10 is down this year but not as bad as the media would have you believe.

I listened to a radio show yesterday that trounced the USC Trojans so bad you would have thought the Beavs were a school from the blind and deaf!!!! :D

Gave them no credit and made believe that USC didn't do anything right. Nor did the Beavs! (scratch)(nutty)

At least Oregon build some confidence before going down to USC. Hopefully Oregon takes a play outta the Beavs playbook and feeds LaGarrett Blount the ball all day long!!!

I have a interesting question to post to everyone and its not just because I am a OSU fan.

Isnt it usually the 6'5 300lb or 6'4 210 guy that is usually injured? I think its usually a bigger guy that gets hurt most the time. I think if you look at most injuries they affect bigger players.

With that said I do agree that they dont need to give it to him 30 times. Spread it out a bit. Later Ryan

Simonton was small and look how well he did all those years for OSU. I donno, when Cushing landed ontop of him with all his weight it just looked like the little guy wouldn't get up.

What happened to McCants, is he hurt? I haven't seen him do anything.

9 top 25 teams lost. I'm loving the parity.

Ducks didn't lose a QB!!! Biggest story of the day.

I'm predicting a blowout and 1 serious injury this weekend for UO, and a 3 touchdown loss for OSU. Trojans will be out for blood, and the Ute's are going to spank the little man and the rest of the offense.

Let's just be ready for reality, especially you OSU fans.

I'm sorry to but the Ducks also need to relax with the spread. What decent QB recruit will want to come to Eugene when we're blowing through QB's like we are? It's not worth it. We are too talented to need to run this gimmick offense. We don't have Dennis Dixon anymore, it shoud have ended there.

Alright, I'm done ranting.

Thanks.

unfortunately its not a gimmick. its a reality in college football today and the biggest trend. most of the teams are running it or some variation of it. the only trade-off of the spread vs. a traditional power game is hurt qb's vs hurt rb's. if a qb doesnt want to run the spread hes really limited to what college he can play for. most of the big conferences (Pac-10, SEC, Big 12, etc..) have at least half thier teams running it. You look at schools that are in the big 10 and in the smaller conferences that are getting shellacked by defenses its cuz they are running a traditional 2 rb, 2-3 wr set. its all in cycles. just like the power I came into popularity 25-30 years ago and now isnt used too much. eventually there will be a new "hot" offense to run.

I think the Beavs have a chance against a good Utah team if we jump on them early. Keep a balanced and very simple pass offense like we did against both Hawaii and USC. Utah's QB is a big weapon but we have stopped him before. It really boils down to what defense shows up really.

As for the Ucks I really dont see them coming out with a win in the Coliseum. USC is gonna be pissed about last week and take it out on the Duck QB's. I think Sanchez will also BLOW UP that so called "Best Secondary in the Country" :) Lets hope USC doesnt let the WR's loose or it will be a real long day.

As for what Sam said about the Spread I think he has a point. It doesnt produce NFL Qb's. Almost all that have come out of one have struggled in the NFL. The problem though is that the spread works in college football as long as a team doesnt expose it like BSU did a couple weeks ago.

Overall I think the Beavs have a better shot beating Utah than the Ucks beating USC. I guess we will see on Thursday though :) GO PAC-10!! Lets beat the MAC. Later Ryan

I dont think either team will come out with a win this weekend. I think the ducks (if the defense plays well) have a shot at makinga game of it but i think USC has too many weapons and will be pissed.

Utah is really good this year and I dont know if the beavs can pull another shocker out of thier hat.

How do you rate Utah as being "really good"

Just because they beat a CRAPPY Michigan team. Heres the rest of the record. Tell me a team thats on there that Washington couldnt beat :)

8/30 @ Michigan 1-0 (0-0) W 25-23 9/06 UNLV 2-0 (1-0) W 42-21 9/13 @ Utah State 3-0 (1-0) W 58-10 9/20 @ Air Force 4-0 (2-0) W 30-23 9/27 Weber State 5-0 (2-0) W 37-21

looks like the utes COULD beat oregon state though huh? I never said that Utah looked like a national title contender. I think they are a good team that can play with almost anyone in the country. the parity in college football is awesome. USC beat the snot out of THE ohio state university (LOL) and then turns around and get beat by oregon state. does that mean that oregon state would beat ohio state by a wide margin? probably not. And now Utah has beaten oregon state but barely sneaked past washington. week to week preparation is so key in college football.

The Utes only beat Oregon State with the help of a questionable call. Replay wasn't a good one, (since the game was on VS.), looked to be an uncatchable ball to me but it could have gone either way I guess. And Utah took advantage of the second chance. But OSU didn't help themselves by going three and out after they got the ball with 1:30 left in the game, allowing Utah to drive and kick the winning FG with:01 left.

Wonder what would have happened in OT?

It doesn't matter if its uncatchable. A pass interference is a pass interference, just like the NFL.

Barkrats got torched on the ground...again. Their Dline gets tired and plays poorly at the end of games, with the exception of USC who still mounted a comeback on them. And I still think their secondary is very vulnerable.

I am so tired of hearing USC is gonna be pissed. So what? Anyone remember the super duper pissed off Michigan team last year after losing to Appy St? 39-7?? Let them be pissed, it will get them off their game. Instead of worrying about an assignment, they will be so unbelievably pissed off, the pissed offest of the pissed off, and they will want to take someone's head off and miss the tackle. Advantage Oregon NOT $UC. Remember, Oregon beat USC last year so its not like its impossible. Obviously, as the rodents showed, $UC is vulnerable up the middle. Mathuga is out, Cushing has 1 hand, a freshman is starting his first game ever at MLB, and their experienced all-world Dline is benched in favor of 2nd string freshman. The game will be much closer than any of you think IMO.

To me that was a complete meltdown!!

Looks like all the DBs are reading all the clippings about how good they are suppose to be and they AREN'T!!!

And again with the stupid personal fouls!

I hope they get it together. This will make or break the season in my opinion. They can either play the way they can and turn the season into something or they can fall apart and all the 'promise of a good year' can go into the toilet.

I really didn't think they would win last night on the road but I did think they would show up and play respectable.

I really didn't think they would win last night on the road but I did think they would show up and play respectable.

Same here. Was really suprised that Alliotti kept blitzing on 1st down after $C adjusted and ran play action every 1st down. But he kept blitzing on 1st down all game long. 276 yards on 1st down they gained, an average of 12.3 yards per attempt and 17.8 per completion.

Ducks D is now 110th out of 119 teams!!! Reminds me of that 5-6 season when UW was torching us with the long balls and Reggie Williams came to the sideline laughing his *** off about how terrible the Ducks corners were. Every game that year, when the other team dropped back to pass I held my breath because it would either be a huge gain, a TD, or luckily a bad pass. Our secondary never even had a chance to stop them then, and it looks the same now.

Doing the same thing over and over and over while expecting different results = madness

Lets hope something changes!!