FOOTBALL 2008!!!

Michael7979

Since the Beaver game is on I thought this would be a good time for everyone to give their thoughts on their favorite team. Be it a college or pro team.

I'll go first.......

I'm an Oregon Duck fan and the news of Costas tearing his ACL again is a big blow to the team. But atleast Justin Roper has some playing time under his belt and knows the system some. He may not be the runner Costas is but he can move the team, (see last years bowl game), as long as they can run the ball decently.

I think the offense will struggle a little to start with out of the gate and the Defense WILL have to carry the team early on this year. They should be the #3 or #4 team in the Pac-10 this year. Lets say they win 8 and lose 4.

I'm a Miami Dolphin fan also............ not too much good to say about them. Hope Ricky Williams gets his form back and they can run the ball some. But they will struggle. I say 4-12 maybe 5-11, but thats a stretch. But I have faith that Bill Parcells will/can rebuild my team.

It's that easy so what's your team and your prediction??

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict ducks #3 in the conference. maybe #2 if they can come together as a team and Bellotti can use the talent he recruits to thier full extent for a change.

as for Pros I am a packers fan and although I will miss Favre, I hope Rodgers becomes the stud his coach and teammates think he is capable of and puts together a nice run deep into the postseason just to show favre that the city of green bay and thier team doesnt worship the ground he walks on and rightfully so. I hate the way Ted Thompson handled the whole deal and think he should be fired but I also dont agree with playing with retirement every year and keeping a team waiting around.

Pittsburgh Steelers. I have been a fansince I was a kid, before I even lived in Pittsburgh. This will be the first year in a while that I won't be going to the games, well because we are moving.

I don't have a college favorite, but I am sure I will follow Oregon once we are there.

Ryan trap game was right eh.

Tough game for the Beavs. But a good game to watch. Just too many mistakes. I wondered how that completely new front 7 would hold up. I've read all about how they are reloading and not rebuilding. I just don't see it. Pretty tough to stick 7 new guys in, regardless of how much they played as subs, and not lose something. Oline looks to be a concern too. Moevao stares down his receivers too much. But the good that i saw was that Morales kid, where did he come from?!?!?! And Quizz showed a couple of nice moves. Why didn't McCants play much though?? Stanford is an upcoming team, Harbough has those guys buying in for sure. Scary thing for the Beavs...Penn St had over 40 pts by half today and scored 66 total. Beavs will handle Hawaii, have a tough time with USC, and Utah is a very good team this year too, so could the Beavs be staring at 1-4 to start the season?

Keep your head up Beaver nation, its a long season and you always finish strong.

I am trying to track down a sports bar here in Maui that is showing the Duck-Hussy game. My condo doesn't have FSN :( Tough way to start the season with Costa going down...Dejavu. Started spring ball with 9 QBs and now its down to 4. They had to bring a walkon freshman QB to help on the practice squad. Looks like Masoli is on the fast track to lead this team depending on how Roper does. Harper is the Xfactor, that guy is going to make some noise this year IMO. With a stellar D i think that will give the O plenty of time to get comfortable. I expect no less than 9 wins this year. I was spot on with my prediction last year with the exception of the bowl game, and i hope for the same or better outcome this year.

GO DUCKS!!!

I predict ducks #3 in the conference. maybe #2 if they can come together as a team and Bellotti can use the talent he recruits to thier full extent for a change.

(scary)

...here in Maui ....Tough way to start the season

(naner)

Beavers = way too many mistakes, plain and simple. Better pick it up or its going to be a tough start.

SC looked pretty solid.

Barely enough time to pay attention to pro, let alone college.

I have been a Raiders fan since they were in Oakland the first time. Actually the first game I remember watching on TV as a kid was when they beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl. (Sorry if that makes you feel old or young). If preseason is any indication of season play, (and for the Raiders it usually isn't, last year for example) they have a LONG 16 games ahead of them to wait for the next off season.

Remember three things make quick enemies. Religion, politics, and football.

Definitely a trap game Miles. Don't know where McCants was but we need more. Beavs haven't won games over the last 10 years without a SOLD rb.

Man am I tired of the over-hype of the Ucks...............

With that said here are my predictions ( :) :) ) for the 2008 season

1. USC- DUH

2. ASU- Senior Quarterback and DE

3. UCLA- Suprise pick but Neuhisel is a winner-Also pending a win at BYU next week- If they lose- The HOLE AND UCLA switch

4. HOLE U- Well its almost impossible no to make the Top 5 in the PAC with the $$$$, Nike, and stinky hippies

5. OSU- Tough year, tough out of conference schedule. Starts to click back home against Hawaii

6.CAL- Tedford's system works as long as they dont turn over the ball

7. UA- Tuitama gets it done and saves Stoops from getting fired

8. Stanford- Harbaugh is a good coach and Stanford kids are pretty smart

9. WSU- They Coug it!

10. UW- The Fuskies just suck- Locker should have went anywhere but there. Poor kid. Ty is fired, finally!

NFL-

1st-

Hopefully the 49ers can pull there head out and get it done this year. The NFC West is wide open and can be taken by anyone (except the Lams)

2nd-

Who cares the 49ers have 5 rings (rock2)

Barely enough time to pay attention to pro, let alone college.

Pro just doesn't interest me. A lot of players are without the inspiration of college ball. College football runs on emotion and drive. Give me college! Players that try to play beyond their native ability. Really fanatical fans.

DUCKS #2?

Did anyone see the UO game? I watched the beavs as I had it on TV. but no ducks for me. I just kept up to date with the score on TV. 66 points is good but giving up 24 is too much. again I didnt see the game so just wondering they gave up so many points? I half expected the defense to be good for a shutout or to at least hold them to a field goal. after seeing the washington game on tv at least.

Yah the 1st string D gave up 1 TD thats it. Second string came in at toward the end of the 2nd quarter. 688 yards of offense, a new school record. Thats impressive no matter who you play.

Michael no soft spot trust me. I'm a Ducks fan 1st, Pac10 fan second. So while part of me enjoyed seeing the beavs get embarassed, it would have benefit the Pac10 and Oregon if they had won or at least given PSU a game.

And UW got screwed.

when al davis passes away sad to say. he needs to just sit back and let the people he pays all taht money to make his personnel decisions. Hes like a really old kid with football cards picking his favorite players at each position and putting them together. or a fantasy football geek. just because the people were great individually doesnt mean they will be a good team.

Big game by oregon state today. congrats beavs.

nice job sticking with it oregon! offense couldnt do too much passing but the running game finally wore down that purdue d. hopefully roper isnt out too long. and i kinda wonder if chris harper can actually pass the ball? they only ran running plays with him in the game and purdue knew it. Why didnt bellotti use Masoli as the backup then? oh well. a wins a win, and a win on the road is a good thing. up next: Boise State.