Gas - Self Serve or Full? - Poll

Tashier

1. 1.

• Prefer to pump my own
    • Prefer to have it pumped for me
    • Prefer to pump my own and I live in Oregon or NJ
    • Prefer to have it pumped for me and I live in Oregon or NJ

I have lived in Oregon my entire life... and I would prefer to pump my own gas. Some attendants don't care about your car and drip gas down the side.... which pisses me off!!! I have gone off on attendants before who were careless.

I would just rather do it myself and know if gas gets spilled on my car its my own fault!

I grew up in Oregon, and had never pumped my own gas before, and when we moved across the river to the Washington side I remember the first time I got gas, I must have sat there in my car for a good 20 minutes waiting for someone to come pump my gas, before someone walked by and said, "Hey Man, you know you have to pump your own gas right"....:p I was so embarrased...lol, I had no idea you could even pump your own gas, let alone had to do it...

I do like having my gas pumped for me, its really convient...

If we went to where we could pump our own gas in OR I think we would have a lot of confused people sitting at the gas pump. I'm originally from PA and I'm used to pumping my own gas. When my family comes to visit they get out and try to pump their own gas and find out they aren't supposed to do that, it's kind of funny.

I would prefer to pump my own but I've found a good station that I get my gas at and the attendants do not drip gas or lean on my car. I too would not like that if they did. Luckily they are usually the cheapest in OC too.

I lived on Oregon for 10 years and hated full service. I prefer self service. As someone stated they let you pump diesel but not all stations do. Usually when we head to Oregon I take a couple 5 gallon jugs f fuel with me so I don't have to deal with it. Prices won't lower and they can still offer full service as an option.

I think it's something we take for granted. I went on a road trip two years ago and every ware else I had to pump my own. Yes there were times I had to wait a while for my turn, and others I drove right up. Sometimes it was raining and I didn't want to get out to pump my own and there was also the 110 deg temp that I didn't want to go out in, but then there was also times when it was really nice. My point it since there are so many variables that ya cant please everyone all the time. I think that there should be an option but don't take the full away. At least make it so the attendant wont get mad when ya get out and start pumping your own.

I've lived in NC and TX to name a couple places where I lived and pumped my own gas and live in Oregon now and I would rather pump my own gas because I can make sure my windows get washed when they are dirty (without asking) getting all the gas out of the hose and I don't have to worry about the idiot spilling gas on the side of my car......(enforcer) I could care less about anything else. (laugh)

I grew up in Hawaii and at that time we had both options and could do either depending on if we felt like it or not. One row was self-service and the other was full-service. If you went to the full-service side, they popped the hood, checked the oil level, coolant level, tire pressure AND washed your front and back windows. I sure did give out tips then! Even though they had both, it was obvious that more people did self-service.

So, I would vote for both because it was nice having the options.

However, I am in Oregon now. I must say that most attendants are alright. There are a few who don't know better or don't care and they really stand out and get stuck in peoples memory.

I have had the experience of: getting my windows washed with a contaminated squeegee (the oily windshield is not good in rainy oregon, it was a pain to get off the glass and ruined my wipers); had attendants lean on and scratch my car with their jean pocket buttons; drip gas down the paint; had a nozzel overflow all over my truck because it wasn't inserted right; had them hit the quarter panel with the nozzle head causing dents; had one not put the cap back on; put the wrong gas in after I had told them what my car needed; and last but not least- the continously topping off my tank (even in the top heat of summer) which my husband does not like in any season.

I know of only two full service station left on Oahu. One in manoa and one in Kahuku or La'ei.

You know in new jersey it's illegal to pump your own gas. I got yelled at by the attendant once.

Kevin

awww... :( that is sad. I am from the Big Island, Hilo. I visit a few times a year, and my old gas station on the way home is still the way I have always remembered it. I am sure times will change in that old town soon as well too.

poll

I came from California, where you pump your own fuel, but now I'm living in Salem (12 years) and think that sitting in my truck (Dry) is a whole lot better. If they put self serve in Oregon they better drop the price by at least 10 cents a gallon for the crappy fuel Oregon has. When I drive my motorcycle (BMW), I pump my own fuel, I will not let the meth head attendant touch my bike.