advice on Crater lake, Winston Safari

cyenna

Just went to Crater Lake this past weekend. I suggest you take a camera with lots of batteries and a big memory card. Or lots of film if its the older style camera. While you are there drive around the rim and stop at the view points along the way. Will probably take you 2 hours to do so, including your stops for pictures. Make sure you also go down and check out the 'Pinnacles'. Kinda of the beaten path of the rim drive (like 10 miles round trip) but very cool!!!!! While you are at the lodge area make sure you check out 'Simenott overlook' (I think), some real cool videos and other stuff. It is in the inside wall of the crater so be on the look out for the pathway to it.

Never been to W.S. so sorry can't help there. Kinda spendy thou.

Went to Bandon Zoo like 14 years ago very small when I was there. Don't really think it is worht it from what I remember, but it's your trip. (Seemed like a big farm)

I would definatly make some time to go tidepooling IF you will be at the coast. Just did that too last weekend and it was a blast!!!

Hope that helps you out some......

I went to the Safari a couple of years ago during the beginning of June. For some reason, all the animals were sleeping or off away some where. It might have been because it was slightly raining. I was hoping the predatory animals would come near, but nope, none did.

Very cool experience nonetheless. Bring a car that you don't mind maybe getting damaged though...lol. My gf brought her brand new car. Good thing nothing happened. I saw an emu pecking at this guy's windshield wipers.

I want to go to crater lake sometime, free fishing correct?

We have been to Crater Lake a few times. All those things Mike suggested do. Also if it is still available there is a boat ride that takes you across the lake.

Yes on the free fishing if you like kokenee and trout. You will have to pack all your stuff down then back up.

As far as the Safari it takes a while to drive through. The animals can get close to your car especially the camels. FYI if you have kids make sure they keep hands inside the car and not feed the animals. I caught my daughter feeding the camels gummy worms. (nono)

Bandon this is one of my favorite places along the coast.

What to see and do

Check out the amazing kite shop.

Have lunch at one of the outdoor shacks (weather permits.)

Check out the fudge shop

See the Bandon Lighthouse located by Bullard Beach state park. You can take a tour of the lighthouse and walk along the beach.

As far as the Bandon Zoo again if you have kids watch them closely they have small rams roaming around , they have been known to butt heads its kind of scary. the tour is cool we enjoyed watching a monkey play basketball.

Took the boat ride at the lake, it was amazing. We learned lots of interesting things! Here are just a few pics.

[ATTACH]2950[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2951[/ATTACH]This is where the lake is most shallow.

The safari was not too bad!

[ATTACH]2952[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2953[/ATTACH] This guy was pecking at my windshield wiper.

[ATTACH]2954[/ATTACH]

post-114-141867740172_thumb.jpg

post-114-141867740178_thumb.jpg

post-114-141867740181_thumb.jpg

post-114-141867740184_thumb.jpg

post-114-141867740187_thumb.jpg