TFT Goals for 2008- 2009

tidalsculpin

http://www.tanksforteachers.wikispaces.com

A wiki is a collaborative website used for sharing information of mutual interest. Sometimes they are quite big:

Wikipedia, for example. Teachers are beginning to use wikis for classroom collaboration and engaging kids. I thought a wiki would be good to help teachers and PNWMAS members help each other out. In addition, it gives sponsors or donors a chance to see "where their contributions are going" or even help out teachers with out giving supplies or corals.

BTW: wiki comes from the honolulu airport wiki wiki buses that shuttle you from the terminal. It's a web 2.0 word.

Good outline Joel...of course that is expected from a scholar! We also need to add on to that list "find tanks" for those 5 teachers!

I know you have put a bunch into this...both you and Dennis have. We need to have a few people as yourselves head up a commitee to help bring this thing to life. As officers and BOD's...I am finding that there are "a lot of fish to fry"....pardon the expression, and any one willing to step up and volunteer would be monumental!

Let me know, and I will bring it up with the rest of our leaders.

Kris

Last year, one of the fish stores (I think it was Rose City Aquarium) donated a bunch of 20g tanks. I think John Manrow has them. They don't have lights or filters, they are just glass boxes. Maybe they could be useful somewhere???

dsoz

Yes, I hope that some one can organize the application process. I want to announce to teachers via email that there are tanks available but want to be clear on the process and have a go to person on the board. I did not include an application address on the application because I do not know who would read it and decide.

It would be nice to assemble kits ready to go before we take applicants but I do not know if that is possible.