How did the meeting go? Any pics...

reefgeek84

Well for some people they work on Sundays...so that makes it kind of hard...or to far of a drive or have prior commitments, I just did not want to go today...but most weekends I am out doing family functions sort of things...So having pictures and a simple write up of how it went would be nice for those of us who really could not make it.

Ahh Brandon get off your butt and go... just kidden.

It was good, I got 2 Harlaquin shrimp that I 'm hoping will wipe out my nuisance star fish population. I also got a very nice bright orange sponge. Patrick had a lot of good deals on SPS, he had a bunch of browned out colonies for $5. I wanted one but I have no room left...

Ahh Brandon get off your butt and go... just kidden.

It was good, I got 2 Harlaquin shrimp that I 'm hoping will wipe out my nuisance star fish population. I also got a very nice bright orange sponge. Patrick had a lot of good deals on SPS, he had a bunch of browned out colonies for $5. I wanted one but I have no room left...

I know I was being lazy!!!! I bet he got rid of all the colonies huh? That is awesome if you could catch those shrimp devoring a starfish would be cool, pics but vid would be better.

yeah , what mike said..... also it was my first time there at the store.. its was nice , spacious,had good prices, and had a clean look to it..gonna have to put it on the "makin the rounds" list.thanks for having us there Pat if u read this...oh and the appetizers and pop hit he spot..:D .

hey reefgeek, better get the day off for next months Barbecue and the bad A$S raffle prizes...i cant wait....i can see it know. (fingers) ...gonna have to put my new tank im gonna win in the backyard and put a greenhouse over it...lol:D

Dude, you have to go to the minutes page. I posted pics from last month's meeting at Advanced as well as a summary of what we talked about. I took pics of today's meeting and will get those up on the minutes page... along with the minutes! (clap)

And yeah, there are some sweet raffle items for members! Definitely time to join! :D

brandon, Patrick is going to raffle off that HUGE (500g) display tank in there. Watch for posts on it. Plus a bunch of other cool stuff, its a good time to join the club...

Rich

Yeah, that is what he said...I would love to get that tank and let it sit in storage...until I would have the home to put it in...500gal tank in a 3rd of an 850 sq ft. apartment, might not work on alot of different ways :-)

Now that is something I would like to see! Besides... furniture is completely overrated. (laugh)

Yeah, I am not sure how I would go about asking the apartment to brace the entire floor for a 500gal tank...I am sure they have a form for that sort of thing, but filling out that form sucks LOL... But it is a sweet tank and I would love to have one that size.

I've posted my pictures here. Sorry, batch uploading pictures to the boards here is a pain and I'm lazy so Flickr will have to do ;)

Edit: Oh yeah, feel free to leave comments at Flikr to name the folks in the pictures. I only met a few of you, and don't trust my memory to match real names with 'net names.

I've posted my pictures here. Sorry, batch uploading pictures to the boards here is a pain and I'm lazy so Flickr will have to do ;)

Edit: Oh yeah, feel free to leave comments at Flikr to name the folks in the pictures. I only met a few of you, and don't trust my memory to match real names with 'net names.

Sweet the pics are awesome... thanks...I still really want that tank that Pat is going to be raffling off.

Great Pics Andy. I nominate you as the official " Take pictures at meetings and post them guy" !! Thanks Alot. We should start an Archive of pics from each meeting. I might have to figure out how to do that. Later Ryan

We should start an Archive of pics from each meeting. I might have to figure out how to do that. Later Ryan

Well, a club photo gallery (using something like... well.. Gallery) would be cool. Maybe grant server space to members? Depends on how much space & bandwidth the club buys from our provider of course.

Well' date=' a club photo gallery...[/quote']

See, now you're talking to the right person! I'm sure we can set something up for your pics at club meetings. And yeah, I nominate you for official photographer at meetings, too. My little camera can't compete with yours! I'll get with Jay and see if we can put a page on the website with pics from meetings and such.

So much for me getting a Nikon D50 for my birthday. Jay gave himself the gift of rock. (flame) No, I'm cool with it... I've been complaining that we've needed rock for a LONG TIME! So I'm pretty stoked. We're in the process of emptying the tank of coral, he's scraping coraline and then we'll be putting in Bobby's sweet rock! Very excited! (clap)

Oh yeah... after seeing that one pic I've decided that I'm never going to eat again! Good Lord, did you see the size of that double chin!? :eek:

Whats wrong with doing what everyone is wanting?

Now now... don't speak for the masses! Maybe someone like me doesn't want to see their double chin proudly displayed for everyone to laugh at! (enforcer) (laugh)

Mike was just thinking about me and Jay and the amount of time it takes to make changes to the site. He was thinking of an easy fix. Don't be a hater! (I'm just picking on you!) ;)

We'll definitely get a gallery up and running sometime this week. We're wiped out from getting all of that sweet rock from Bobby and pulling everything out of the tank then redoing it. Jay is sore and soaking in the tub right now. Poor thing! :D

Ok you told me not to speak for the masses' date=' but I think we all want you to take a picture and post in the new gallery that he is going to make :)[/quote']

Speak for yourself- I don't think the masses want to see Jay soaking in the tub.(nutty)