August POTM comments

spayne

...I did not need one especally for me...

You're special! Besides, I know I've wanted to post comments before! I'm just wondering where all of those other incredible pics from last months voting went! Put them back in! The sea hare went in twice before it became POTM! There's no limit on how many times you submit. Well, unless you win of course! ;)

Heteractis crispa i think.... aka sebae anemone. could also be a magnifica...aka Ritteri hard to tell without seeing the color of the foot

Thats the coolest looking sebae if it is one...I would love it to be a sebae...cause then I could get it, but a ritteri, I do not have the proper tank set up.

He is really cool..what kind of blenny is he...I would not mind picking one up.

He is a starry or snowflake blenny (Salarias ramosus). He's a neat fish. Almost exactly like a lawnmower, but colored differently.

They are indeed strawberries.... my latest addition from Neah bay....corynactis.....aka strawberry anemones.

Hey Randy.....why can't a cold reef compete ? are you saying that a cold reef is unfair competition for a warm reef ? If so,I might have to agree with you....I'm starting to give serious consideration to converting my 850gal warm reef to cold....it would be so much less cost and work.I had a diver buddy of mine pick these strawberries up for me last weekend......very nice of him. Supposedly, there are fields of them in Neah bay, along with soft corals and gorgonians from 70 -100 ft. He also said vis was 70ft there last weekend. Ryan and I are figuring when we can go diving there ourselves.....I need more of these guys.

These corals require zero light...as is the case with 99% of cold water critters. I run a 1/2hp for my current cold system that in total is about 150gal. My current dual 2hp chillers for my main tank could easily allow temps to keep penguins.

Light is irrelevant to cold water critters (except kelp and the green tidal anemones)....put any light amount and choose any color that you want......they don't care, they are all non-photosynthetic. Ryan and I have been down around 115 feet in the Sound....an even on a bright sunny day....down there....it's like midnight.

Warm water only sir! Please move on to the cold water board. Crap you can't make comments here.

Disregard please dont read...

That is awesome! I can move posts to other threads! (laugh)

But Randy... we don't have a cold water board! I think you were joking with Steve though, so I'm joking back at you! ;)

Steve, I think that would be incredible if you converted your 850g system to cold! Now, that is something you simply don't see every day! Any tank that houses strawberry anemones gets two thumbs up from me. Incredible pic of those little beauties! (clap)