Some tank pictures

H20cooled

Rich did the prodibio and Zeo wash out those couple your hopeing ti get to color back up? too much prodibio washes them out like that? I suppose it strips too much phosphates and nitrates?

There is a very good chance Ill be importing about $3K worth of prodibio (once I try it) so hopefully you wont have to pay shipping or buy from florida next time :)

No the Prodibio and Zeovit had nothing to do with the color washing out in those two, they are part of the reason that I started with them. You could wash some of the color out with some of the Zeovit additives if you were slow and just went crazy, but it would be very hard to do that with Prodibio.

Sounds good to me, now just get some of the Zeovit additives and I'd be set. :D

I understand. Unfortantly you cannot get the same results with just the Prodibio as with just the ZeoVit or with mixing the two.

I use the Prodibio in place of the Zeovit basic 4 items, these reduce the nitrates, phosphate, etc. down to nothing (there was so little that the macro algae in my fuge stopped growing and slow went away). The Zeovit additives I use are for coral color and growth through the supply of direct foods and other suppliments that are missing or low in salt. I've actually gotten to the place now were I can change the color of a coral in less the 12 hrs with just a few additives, but I still have a TON to learn about dosing and the affects.

Rich

whats this run you a month on your system ive thought about it myself just seems too expensive for my scale of oppereation plus once they leave me theyd probly change color and thats a can of worms i dont want to open lol.So i gess ill probly have to stick with reefsolution for now i get good color and it seems to hold over in others systems as well but im sure what your using is better product but just to spendy unfortunatly, Im going to look into it though might be worth while if i can get my bud at seascapes to get for me at cost.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah its definatly not cheap to use the Zeovit additives' date=' I couldn't imagine using it in a 300g + system...[/quote']

Can you ballpark the cost for a 150 gallon tank? 30/month? or more? Sure looks like that stuff is working for you :). I have seen some incredible tanks using that stuff. I have some more learning to do b4 I invest like that.

Jay

whats this run you a month on your system ive thought about it myself just seems too expensive for my scale of oppereation plus once they leave me theyd probly change color and thats a can of worms i dont want to open lol.So i gess ill probly have to stick with reefsolution for now i get good color and it seems to hold over in others systems as well but im sure what your using is better product but just to spendy unfortunatly' date=' Im going to look into it though might be worth while if i can get my bud at seascapes to get for me at cost.[/quote']

Jodi what are you using now for suppliments for the tank and feeding? Im not familiar with reef solution, forgive me for my ignorance.

Let me re-interate, I have heard of it but never heard of good results. You are having verifiable good results? I tried to call you today but no answer, I will give it a try again tomorrow regarding a few matters, Im sure you can guess what.

Jay,

First of all

(welcome) (To) (P)(N)(W)(M)(A)(S)

The cost is hard to determine becuase I don't use the whole Zeovit system. But if I was to guess at a cost for the whole system in that size of tank I would say it would be around $500 or $600 to get started and it would be around $50 to $100 a month.

Personaly I like to use the Prodibio products instead of the Zeovit basic 4 and then use the Zeovit coral growth and color enhancing items (Coral Vit, K-balance, AAHC, PIF, etc....)

Rich

Can you ballpark the cost for a 150 gallon tank? 30/month? or more? Sure looks like that stuff is working for you :). I have seen some incredible tanks using that stuff. I have some more learning to do b4 I invest like that.

Jay

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...