Broke my skimmer!!!!

defigart

So I was going to try to put my skimmer on my makeshift sump tonight. But I accidently broke a fitting that goes from the out put of the recirc pump, to the flange that goes into the body. DOH!

So I tried to super glue it back together. (clap) Easy enough the break was pretty clean. But the glue got all over the place and riuned the gasket. (flame)

Does anyone know if you can get these as replacement parts?(scary) (I am looking for the fitting, not the gasket)

Its a PCI/Octopus RPS-1000.

Thanks in advance,

I know Jason at CRPC has access to the transition fittings from the schedule 80 metric to the standard sch40 at most hardware stores. That may be your best option. I would imagine a shop in your area would have the same if Salem is too far. You may want to call anyway as Jason is an awesome resource for this kind of thing.

Do you have any pics of the part you are looking for? I know there is a place in Vancouver that builds knock offs so he might have what you are looking for. I also have a couple of PCI skimmers in the garage might have the part on one of them so let me know.

if you are just looking for a gasket i would go to home depot tomorrow and get the size you need. even though the superglue melted your old gasket a little, you will be able to get the size you want. as for the fitting, if it is truely broken off the body there is nothing you can do besides super glue and epoxy-which i would highly recommend, way stronger.

Isn't there still threads inside the output hole in the pump? How about on the piece going into the skimmer?

I broke that nut off of the part that goes into the skimmer on mine. Some multipurpose PVC glue did the trick. Weldon would work nicely as well. Or you could get a 3/4-1/2 reducer and a 1/2 nipple if the threads are still intact.