kriswaters

Christmas Party Poll  

1. 1.

• I am not interested in attending
    • I would attend no matter the location
    • I would attend if in Portland
    • I would attend if in Wilsonville/Salem
    • I would attend if in Eugene

I am trying to figure out who would be interested in attending this years Xmas Party. I know that there are a lot of us members who are spread out all over the place and would like to find the most ideal location.

Please vote and provide comments so that we can plan a great party this year!

Thanks,

Kris

I haven't voted as of typing this...... but it would be nice to have it at a more centralized (Wilsonville) area, since they are usually held up north in Ptown all the time. It might get more southerners up to attend if they don't have to drive as far. (Yeah I know they can carpool)

Its July :)

Check with the retailers out there....its always Christmas in July LOL. I need to start planning this so that we can get a decent spot....things are already booking up!

As for the centralized location....the officers and the BOD's have agreed that it would be most benificial to be somewhere in the middle...Wilsonville seems like a likely choice.

I will wait for the poll results and go from there. This is our club, and I want to help everyone enjoy!

Kris

I am sorry if it sounds like I am complaining. But Wilsonville is not "central." It is just south of Portland, and if someone was going to go to Wilsonville, then there should be no problem to go another 20 minutes to P-town.

It depends if you count "geographic center" or "density center" Geographically, the center is closer to Albany/south Salem. Density wise, the center is probably north Salem.

I know I am moving this event further away from my home, and am making it so I have to pay more for gas. But I agree that it should not be the burden of the southern folk to always have to drive North. There may be a majority of reefers in Portland, but there is a growing number of reefers in the southern end of the state.

There is a possibility that I could arrange to have a meeting (or the Christmas party) at my school in Woodburn. I was looking into it last summer, but never got past the paperwork stage.

dsoz

Thank you Dennis for your opinion on the middle, a central area. I believe that support should be there for southern people. This will not be easy, and many may view this as an attemp to single one or the other out, or to pull away from Statuesque.

Thank you for your support with rallying all together in a central area.

Kevin

Dennis,

Thanks for the imput, and I don't consider it complaining, after all, I am trying to "find" that middle ground. Finding a central location is a little tough. Consider that we have people from Vancouver and north and people from Eugene and south.

Willsonville is not the exact center...this is true. Perhaps Salem is and we should look further into it. I know that Kevin has already made some great contacts in that area and I would definately be willing to go with it (eventhough like you, I am adding to my drive time). One thing we will never be able to change is our diversity and the vast mileage between our locations.

Lets see how the poll plays through...I am open minded and all ears!

Kris

Please excuse the new guy butting into the middle of some conversation ... but it seems like it would make the most sense to hold the meetings in a location that would make most of it's members as close as possible. I realize it would be very unfair to those living in the outskirtting areas, but the meetings themselves would be fuller and better. I live in Vancouver, and I would be more than willing to drive to South Salem if there was a get-together going on that I might actually enjoy.

Perhaps a poll to figure out where everybody lives, and then plan the meetings to be as convenient as possible to as many as possible.

Anyways, I'm going to go vote now. Thanks for reading.

Yendor,

Thanks for your response. This is kind of a reverse method. We as a club already know that we are diverse in location. I am trying to figure out how far people are willing to go to attend an event such as this in order to provide the most accessible location for all.

Thank you again.

Kris

Please excuse the new guy butting into the middle of some conversation ... but it seems like it would make the most sense to hold the meetings in a location that would make most of it's members as close as possible. I realize it would be very unfair to those living in the outskirtting areas, but the meetings themselves would be fuller and better. I live in Vancouver, and I would be more than willing to drive to South Salem if there was a get-together going on that I might actually enjoy.

Perhaps a poll to figure out where everybody lives, and then plan the meetings to be as convenient as possible to as many as possible.

Anyways, I'm going to go vote now. Thanks for reading.

WELCOME TOAD! A NEW HOPPER:)

It looks as if we are getting almost equal results for the Portland and the Salem areas. We have a board meeting scheduled for next week and will decide the location for this years party.

Regardless of the location, we want everyone to know that we will do what ever we can to make this a success!

Kris

Results...

So, after reviewing the poll, talking to members and meeting with the board, we have decided to have this years Christmas Party in the Salem area. It is also the general opinion, that we will alternate North and South each year with both the Christmas Party and the Annual Picinic.

Our BOD's and officers feel that this is the best way to reach out to all of our PNWMAS members. We want everyone to be able to enjoy these special events!

We have 3-4 leads on locations in the Salem area....please feel free to chime in if you have any ideas or any "inside scoops"!

Thanks again,

Kris