Meet and Greet in Eugene/springfield area

180Brandy

• 2 weeks later...

First Meet and Greet was a huge hit.

This was a great time, and it was awesome to meet people that I would not have been able to meet otherwise.

Was are planning another one very soon, and we would like you to attend.

We hope to see you there.

NEXT MEET and GREAT IS A DIY

I would like to thank all of you that are working very hard to put a Meet and Greet together in your own areas.

I felt like the club needed to find a way to rally people together and to get to know one another better. When I joined the club back in February, I came up with the idea of a Meet and Greet.

I understand that monthly meeting were very hard for some, and even harder on sponsors to attend.

A Meet and Greet is nothing more then people getting together to meet people that you would not otherwise meet for whatever reason. I have been able to meet people in Salem, Albany, Corvallis and Eugene that I never would have met without trying this.

There are many places that a Meet and Greet can take place. And furthermore, you can even do a DIY project at one at someone’s home or a park. It can even be as simple as meeting at a coffee bar or restaurant, even families with kids can meet if you can find a place that has a kid’s area.

Have fun with this and be sure to post photos of your Meet and Greet in your area.

Thank you again for your support in this.

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...

There is still time to plan a Meet and Greet in the Eugene/Springfield area for August!

There are still two weekends (Sundays 17th & 24th) before the BBQ on the 31st!

It could be at PAPA'S PIZZA, or at a home or park as suggested previously. It's up to us all to keep this happening. :)

PAPA'S PIZZA

1577 Coburg Rd

Eugene, OR 97401-4853

i am definitely up for something soon. i think we should do a DIY frozen "coral/fish" food project. i made a DIY food that works very well for SPS, LPS, polyps, softies, and fish, ect...

my food consisted of whole/raw prawns, clams, oysters, squid, salmon roe, and muscles. i then combined that in a blender with green and red algae sheets, eggplant peels, and garlic. after the food was blended i added cyclopeze, mysis, rotifers, daphnia, brine shrimp, emerald entree frozen food, formula 1 and 2 frozen foods, and a few more frozen foods that i cant think of.

the food works great for everything in the tank, but make sure you have a good skimmer, as it can pollute the water if not skimmed out quickly.

i would be willing to buy all of the supplies at the fisherman's market and fish store, if people were willing to re-emburst me for the expenses. we could make a large quantity and each take home a couple gallons of flat-packed food, for probably around $10 each, which is a HUGE savings.

we would just have to get a list of who wants to do this and then get it going.