Club Banner

WAVES

I think it should stay the way it is.

It could become the clubs "calling card". Be one of those images that people recognize as us/ours. I think it should stay the same and show some stability. That the club has taking off, the club has a "brand". You don't see stores changing their logos/banners every couple of weeks/months. People start to put a name with a look and like it. I think this is "OURS"/the clubs. We are always being compared to RC they have had the Sohal Tang as their "logo" for........how long?

I really think it should be left alone. Andy did a great job and deseves to have it left alone. The POTM page will have all the other pictures and I thought we were going to start putting them in the top corner of the other pages?

My $.02......just thinking aloud.

But I still like the idea that if it stays the same it shows the stability and strenght of the club. everytime some one links to another website thread....and it starts to come up on your screen you can tell where it came from do to the banner of that page. Because their banners don't change every couple of months/weeks, they may change a color or wording but not the entire logo.

Just the smallest change will be seen by some and thats not a good thing in my opinoin.

Well one simple picture that changes on only a part of the banner will not affect anything at all...I think people are looking into it to much...As long as the banner retains it's form and look, then a one simple picture will not affect the "stableness" you are all worried about and I can promise that one picture that is changed will start to become a thing people look for and actually check back to see what it changed to. I mean we should keep the pic of the PNW map section that is a dead giveaway...I really think we should a vote on it. This whole stability thing is being held way to high!!!!

I agree with the "stability" factor. I didnt think of that earlier. Yeah it definately makes it look better when people come on to the site and the banner is unchanged. It makes them feel at "home", a comfortable place that they recognize. Thats what we need and want. Later Ryan

There is nothing unstable about one picture changing...please explain to me how one picture changing will screw up stability? People change stuff in there house all the time and no one feels less welcome or that the house is any less "homie" (and not like the gangster type)... People appercaite when people make suttle changes to thier home but retain the over all look...and something staying the same to much can lose interest and become boring...you can not deny that, it is how our society is...we don't keep anything more then 15 mins. So the same banner could get boring and then people will not want to like the board...see it is easy to take this to the extreme which I think a few are doing.

Go look at RC's banner its the same all year. They are the biggest site around. The only change they make is that at halloween they add a pumpkin, christmas they add a santa hat etc.......I really dont care myself. The main deal is that over the last 1 1/2 years we have had technically 3 or 4 different web sites and have lost a lot of people in the mix because of it. First everyone was on our sub-forum on TRT "PNWMAS". Then there was the original PNWMAS.ORG site. That was destroyed after less than a year. Then when "PNWMAS.ORG" was created TRT created a members only for out "PNWMAS" forum. Now we have the new "PNWMAS.ORG" site. And even that has went through a facelift within the last two months because of administration and officer changes. So as you can see we have had a lot of change within the last 1 1/2 years. I think both sides have valid points. Lets just have some website stability, LOL :).

Later Ryan

I agree the club needs an "image" but Im not sure the banner is the way to provide that. Im not saying we should necissarily change it, it was just a thought that I felt might be cool.

If the club wants an image though, I think we should come up with a logo rather than rely on a banner. Yes RC uses the Sohol, but thats more of an icon or logo not a banner IMO. We need a PNWMAS Swoosh.

I agree the club needs an "image" but Im not sure the banner is the way to provide that. Im not saying we should necissarily change it, it was just a thought that I felt might be cool.

If the club wants an image though, I think we should come up with a logo rather than rely on a banner. Yes RC uses the Sohol, but thats more of an icon or logo not a banner IMO. We need a PNWMAS Swoosh.

Thats a very vaild point and a much better idea then the banner as the "noticeble" image that is "linked" with our site...the swoosh is a very good analogy...Nike does not have a banner.