Anyone here have a damsel tank?

Barleychown

I have always liked damsels. Amazing colors but goodness they are mean' date=' not to mention impossible to catch. Ive never heard of anyone else having a damsel tank, you could be the first. It would be cool to have a bunch in a reef tank.[/quote']

If you had them in a reef tank, I take back my statement about not needing test kits..:)

I have two of the four-stripe, and they are now a pair. Over the weekend they had a whole bunch of eggs. That was fun to watch.(drinking)

I also have 4 of the yellow tail, two of which are a pair with eggs in a huge shell.

I must say , they do get rather mean when they are guarding their eggs.

It wasn't my intent to have a damsel tank when I started out, but then I got attached.whistle

I'm trying to convince my husband that the new house needs a "room divider" tank, so I can keep these guys in this tank, and have another with other fish.:p

Guest Ahbrit

You must have a very active tank with all those damsels.

in a way im a little jealous. i really do like the corals though so i wont be converting anytime soon

I can always count on people being able to watch the fish!:p

They allow the scooter and mandarin to live in peace, and are even being sort of kind to the puffer that was dumped on my doorstep. The damsels and puffer are the same size, for now, and in two months he gets his own tank, because he is a mean, messy pig.

The damsels have been together in this same tank for 8 months...my thought is to have this 120 and a 2' by 2' cube (to be puffer tank) on the back side of a 180 or 210, and then plumb them all together.

I was hoping someone else had a damsel tank, so I could see what they have in the tank with them, to help me decide if I want the brats in the big tank, or in the 120...

Guest Ahbrit

Angie (Fenmere), had a damsel in her preditor tank

it was initially intended to be dinner for one of the 2 lion fish but survived.

For some reason they didnt want to have him, maybe he was too fast.

Anyway, this damsel got MEAN. he killed both her lions within a week. One of them got blinded so starved to death, the other fell apart all kinds of ways.

The damsel was 1"

The damsel is at upscales right now....go buy it (it's the red/moroon one)