Euro-Reef Skimmer

chewie

I have an older model Euro-reef skimmer for sale.

It is the RS 5-2 rated @ 75 gallons. (comparable to the New model RS80) The "Euro Lock" fitting on the neck of the skimmer has been modified to match the inside diameter of the neck. This is a great mod, as it reduces turbulence in the neck.

Footprint is 9" x 9". 20" tall.

It has the old style adjustable riser pipe with the sponge. I really like this style because there are no fluctuations due to backpressure from a gate valve.

Pump is a New Sedra 3500 Needlewheel. The outlet of the pump and elbow fitting is bored out, for less turbulence and more flow. The intake is also modified to pull more air.It pulls 8-9LPM depending on water level in sump. Stock, it pulled 6-7LPM on my meter. I spent hours modifying this pump, it is ROCK solid and will last a long time if taken care of properly.

Pics will come after this weekend. It is soaking in vinegar/water to clean off the coralline algae.

No cracks in the body, cup, or lid.

$175 Firm. No Shipping.

The octo is a decent skimmer. I think the specs on it are almost identical to my skimmer.

The difference is that the design of the transition from the body to the neck is very sharp on the octo. The ER has more of a bell shaped transition.

Also, the "euro locK" union fitting on the ER is 1/4 turn and 0 Clearance to remove the cup. The octo uses a regular union taking about 3-4 turns.

Last difference would be the pump. The octo uses Sub-par pumps. They're a clone of the more expensive OceanRunner pumps.

The ER uses a SEDRA 3500. It is a good pump. I have one running on another skimmer that's been in service around 4 years. The one that comes with this skimmer is a few months old.

• Like 1

I ran it on a well stocked (8 clowns & a tang) 60g system for over a year. It was a 3 tiered system.

The only reason I am selling it is to pay for (another) new tank. I guarantee you'll love it Jeff. I'll get it setup today so you can see it in action when you come to pick up.

YGPM!