New member from NE Portland

Benny503

Thanks Dennis and Scott,

All of my corals I got from Dennis, Scott, Roy, Seahorse (ISSAC) and a birdnest from CFM.... Thanks you guys.

Dennis, yes the xenia getting huge.... I love the way it growth.

Scott, my next project is either getting a bigger tank or rearrange my rocks. More likely I will rearrange my rock from now.

Ya'll talked me into it... yes I removed the CF and replaced it with my sunpod... the colors is looking beautiful. My gf and my friends think it look so good..... if you dont believe me you can always come by and say "hi" I will show you my tank (whistle) The pictures doesn't do it justice... you got to see it in person.... all the corals seem to open up and the color reflect make it more colorful. I really dont know what to say more but I am very happy with it. Here is a pictures of it. Thanks you all for talk me into it (clap)

post-3145-141867740049_thumb.jpg

post-3145-141867740054_thumb.jpg

post-3145-141867740057_thumb.jpg

Make sure that you protect your corals from the new light. They may get a "sunburn" from the increase.

Maybe run the halide only a couple of hours a day (use the PC for a few more), Then start increasing the amount of MH by an hour or two each week until you are up to a normal photoperiod.

The other way to decrease the amount of light is to use window-screen from Home Depot. A couple of sheets thick and it will decrease the amount of light. Then remove a sheet after a week until they are all gone.

You may need to put the xenia down lower, or it may melt away from too much light too quickly.

Looks really good from the pictures.

dsoz