Group buying power?

biomekanic

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/i4/Group-and-Club-Buys/information.html

I was looking over some stuff on RC and saw an add on the screen for Bulk Reef Supplies - including club discounts.

I looked it over and it seems a like a pretty good deal.

The only requirement for us to get a 'preferred' customer' status is that 10 of us have to sign up and buy something during a 1 a week period.

All the purchases are made by the club members themselves, no actual "group buy", no "come pick it up at my place/the meeting/etc.", just order, get your stuff, and get a customer code for the club to use.

They've got a lot of stuff I think our DIYers could use, and when I'm a little more 'flush' as it were, I'd like to order one of their 2 part kits for my nano.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I think it'd be a good idea to check and see if any of our sponsors can meet, beat or come close-enough-to group buy prices. Many of them also offer club discounts; plus, they donate cool stuff for club raffles and they're helping to keep the lights on here (rock2)

I think it'd be a good idea to check and see if any of our sponsors can meet' date=' beat or come close-enough-to group buy prices. Many of them also offer club discounts; plus, they donate cool stuff for club raffles and they're helping to keep the lights on here (rock2)[/quote']

Works for me.