I got t-shirts!!!!!!

Michael7979

Lets start to see if the masses (thats you if you were wondering) would like to buy one of this T-shirts??? I have picked up 24 (various numbers in sizes XXL-XL-L). We can get another run made if needed. But as of right now this is what they look like. No price as of yet (needs to be agreed upon by the BOD) but they should be between $12 -$15 each and we might be able to cut a discount break if you buy more than 2. Let me know by posting here if you would like to purchase one and as soon as we have a price nailed down we can start to take $money$.

Hope you like them. This is the first T-shirt that we are looking/planning on doing. The others might be more detailed and have more colors but that will most likely not happen until the first of the year. So if you want one this is it for now. They are Ash grey with blue writing that matches the bumper sticker blue. We wanted to get a simple shirt out there so we can have them to wear on field trips (like to Oregon Coast Aquarium)and such.

Enough yakking and typing here you go.....(drum roll)....................

Mikesshirts003.jpg

BTW' date=' what if at the end of each year we could vote for one of the POTM winners picture to be printed on the back of the following year's t-shirt? Just a thought. :D[/quote']

Thats not a bad idea! But don't know if it is worth the work to put that on a shirt. The more colors and screens needed to print up a shirt the more the shirts costs go up. I know Cory told me you can almost guarentee that each color will add $1 to the total cost of the shirts. It would be something that would need looking into.

pcsdlzr returned your PM

Have you seen Cafe Press? Another club I've belonged to has used them for short-run stuff -- I've been pleased with the shirts I've bought from them.

Here is an example of what you can do -- Cafe Press manages the storefront, ordering, etc and just sends you a check when people buy stuff. Please DO NOT order the shirt I've set up as an example, I have no intention of selling these things myself on Cafe Press.

At one time we looked into using Cafe Press. But there wasn't enough interest to go that route. It also is the reason we started to look into having are shirts made by someone local. We are hoping to use a more colorful and more detailed t-shirts in the future. (designing to come later, maybe, have to see if there is interest to continue them - we have only spoken for 13 out of 24).

Hopefully we will be able to sell more of these so there will be no doubt who we are and where we come from while on trips, at meetings, or just out and about doing normal everyday stuff.

I think its funny that everyone wants to get shirts made somewhere else and they haven't even seen what we have to offer.

AM I WRONG?? This way we have everything local and the club can make some money just like at Cafe Press...........and if something turns out to be wrong with the shirts, again, its all local

The only reason I suggested Cafe Press is that you can go with unique' date=' short run color shirts without setup fees. Not trying to squeeze out the locals or step on any toes, just tossing out an idea.[/quote']

Not really upset but I just want people to see what we have before we think about moving elsewhere. Trying to do all this isn't easy sometimes and things can be taken the wrong way and if I came across that way I apoligize to you, Andy.

NO toes stepped on here.......

Not really upset but I just want people to see what we have before we think about moving elsewhere. Trying to do all this isn't easy sometimes and things can be taken the wrong way and if I came across that way I apoligize to you, Andy.

NO toes stepped on here.......

Understood completely, no apologies necessary. No step-er, no step-ee (drinking)

Hey you've got a PM about those t-shirts! BTW' date=' what if at the end of each year we could vote for one of the POTM winners picture to be printed on the back of the following year's t-shirt? Just a thought. :D[/quote']

See, I knew y'all wanted a pic of my sea hare on your t-shirts! rofl