New To Hobby Try Our "Meet and Greet" In Your Area

Kevinmc

Back in January, I brought to the club the idea of a "Meet and Greet" for members and participants of PNWMAS to join together as hobbyists and get to know one another once a month.

One of the things that I hope to accomplish in doing this is to get a good sense of the hobby myself as I am new; and bring new participants into our club. I would like to open this interest back up as I have received a very positive interest from so many; and I am still being contacted with great interest. Our PNWMAS VP Mr. John Manrow, (JManrow) is currently conducting a “Meet and Greet” in the Tigard Area; and is leading the way for the northern area of the state. I live near Corvallis; therefore I would like to get as many participants in other areas together that are willing to attend.

With the price of gas these days it makes it hard to be actively involved in our club. So I would like to invite you to get to know club participants in your area that you have never met; or this could be a time to hang out with a few old saltwater hobbyist friends.

I am mainly looking for places that we could fit a group into; so please keep that in mind.

I believe that I-5 friendly locations would be best and it could be anyplace that would spark your interest. If you would like to become more involved or meet saltwater friendly people, please contact me via PM with your interests and idea of locations so that I might contact them.

I look forward to your ideas; and remember, this "can be" a family event as children are welcome.

Thank you in advance for your interest,

Kevin

I think that's a great idea.

If anyone in the Central Oregon area wants to meet (other than our daily visits at Oasis lol) let me know. Maybe we can meet at Izzy's in Bend or Redmond or somewhere like that. They have a meeting room and we could all eat and share and get to know each other. I'm a member of the CO donkey club (DON'T laugh!..my *** is CUTE ;)!) and we meet at the Redmond Izzy's and it's a lot of fun.

Hey, "*** is CUTE", do we even have that in the fish world,.....LOL. That is too funny.

Yes "Meet and Greets" are great, and it is a great way to get to know who is around you in the marine world while making new friends that have a like interest. This also is a way to strengthen our club and to start local projects to show that our club is alive and working together all over the Pacific Northwest.

It's nice to have you on board with the same desire in Central Oregon, keep up the drive for our hobby and please keep us posted as to your seccess with participants in your area.

Thanks

Kevin