PH?

matty

(scratch) I have only had my 12g nano up for like two weeks, I constantly check water and the ph always seems to be high like at 8.6,8.7 what causes this and how do I fix it? THe temp also is always at 80 to 82? Is this bad? Nitrites and ammonia seem to be going down but there is still a presence of them? Any help would be great!

but make sure your using a clean source of water (ro/di) and test it before dumping in. If you don't have any livestock (new tank cycle) I woun't worry just yet, let it cycle. As for temp your on the high side and try to keep at 79, but only because if you get in the 83's or higher you can start getting to the red zone for alot of corals.

PH has become a debatble issue on where it should be at...in my nano it was around the same place as yours and it was fine. What it is really important is keeping it stable and not let it flauctuate to much... I would say if everything looks healthy and it does not move a whole bunch then I would say you will be ok.

First off its only been 2 weeks since you started the tank......be patient and let it cycle. I 2 more weeks or so you can check the water paras. and go from there.

Try to lower your temp. alittle, I try to keep it under 80. And my ph has always been lower than "normal". The big thing is you don't want major swings in the readings in a 24hr. period.

After the cycle is over post your water test results...........and we can see what has happened.

I keep my 20L at about 79 degrees and the PH is typically around 8.2ish. Mike and Brandon are right, try not to have major swings with the ph. I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet as you're in the cycling process. Your water parameters are going to go screwy before they level out. I know that my critters are excellent water parameter notifiers for me. They'll let you know when they're ticked off... but you're still cycling so you need to wait before you add stuff!