WTB: 24x24x36 welded steel stand

jsw

I think Scott (Spectra) might be able to help ya out. He either owns or is one of the head guys of a metal fab shop. Im not sure of his expertise on stand but Im sure he could rock it. His lights racks hes made are AWESOME!! Later Ryan

Scott's work is great, I saw it over at Waves.

If that doesn't work out for ya though, I've got another guy. He does very nice work but I like Scott better as a person, and Scott's an aquarist to boot, so give him your business!

-Sol

i am a professional fabricator and millwright and would be willing to build you a stand. you would have to pay for materials and i would give you a good deal on labor. currently i dont work in a fab shop, but in a mill, so have limits such as i cant really do a lot of forming, such as bending of sheet metal. email me a drawing of what you want, and we can go from there.

good. i am glad that someone a little closer was able to take care of JSW. i was more than willing to do it, just a long way away. so looking forward to seeing the pics when its done. maybe some close ups too, since i am a fabricator, and the way the weld looks is just as important as the overall, for us metal guys. lol.

Only welds that will be seen are the inside of the corners. All others are sanded smooth so when it is powder coated it comes out looking nice and even. Will take some pics of the one I am going to build for another tank I am doing. Going to be out of 2x2 .120 wall tube. You will see the steel frame but there will be wood doors in the three openings. Wont be done for a few months so wait for JSW first.

Not sure if I would want to test the waters on that for a first project(scary) But it might work. How long are you going to have the welder? Also what type of wire are you going to use? If interested I could have you swing by the shop on a weekend I am there and let you loose on a machine with a bunch of scrap.

Not sure really, just starting to think about it. I was considering taking a class at Clark, but they don't have a intro running this semester. Rent on the welder runs about $50 a day from Parkrose Hardware... Quimby might be cheaper, haven't checked with them yet.

For wire, I guess solid steel... 0.023" maybe? Hard for me to say what with all my ignorance in the way ;)

As far as practice in your shop goes, that would be completely excellent. Frags... beer... name your price :)

Actually .023 wire is what I use in my smaller machines and it works great. And I weld up to 3/16 material with all the time. But when it comes to bigger stuff I use .045 dual shield. Andy just pm me if you want to swing by as I am there on and off it all depends on the weekends.

Sol sending you a pm.