new here

rody_mr

hello i'm new here and would like to introduce myself. my name is rudy 22yrs old i am married with a 8month son and i own a 55gal tank all black except the front of course :D . right now i'm just with the fake stuff, like plastic plants etc. (been reading around though and starting to change my mind) no fish yet my tank has been ready for 2weeks now i want it to be perfect before putting fishes in it but having some problem with the chemicals PH=8.4 ALK=3.6 NO2=.05 (i know this is just my intro but any help is appreciated). well thats basically all about me and i look forward to meeting you guys and thanks in advance.

Welcome aboard! There is a wealth of knowledge to be had from the people that use this site. Remember to take it slow and easy (like you have been) and have fun. Ohh and ask LOTS of questions. Later Ryan

welcome to the site. What are you planning to keep in the tank? Do you have a skimmer? What kind of lighting setup are you using? I would bring a sample of the water to Lise at Fantaseas and have her check it for you. Then go from there. What test kit are you using?

Hey Rudy (welcome) (To) (P) (N) (W) (M) (A) (S) .org!!!!! (waving)

Sounds like you have the first and most important part of a successful reef tank - PATIENCE!!! (laugh)

Got any pics of your tank? If you have questions don't hesitate to ask, we are a friendly bunch here.

And congrats on the baby!! (8 months late i know) (drinking)

Miles

welcome to the site. What are you planning to keep in the tank? Do you have a skimmer? What kind of lighting setup are you using? I would bring a sample of the water to Lise at Fantaseas and have her check it for you. Then go from there. What test kit are you using?

well as far as fish goes my favorite one to get is the spotted clown fish (i think thats the name), nemo, yellow tangs, and other random fish but definitely my top 3. no i do not have a skimmer yet. i'm basically doing things manually. my lighting right now is just normal 18in flourescent (just waiting to have some $$$$$ i want to get the ones i saw at the store almost blue guessing its higher watts).

Hey Rudy .org!!!!!

Sounds like you have the first and most important part of a successful reef tank - PATIENCE!!!

Got any pics of your tank? If you have questions don't hesitate to ask, we are a friendly bunch here.

And congrats on the baby!! (8 months late i know)[/font][/font]

(laugh) (laugh) (laugh) ive been struggling to keep my patience(scary) . and thanks for the grats his really cute i should post a pic up of my fam so you all know how i weird i look(laugh)

Welcome Aboard!!! Are you planning on only having fish in your tank? If so check to make sure that the fish you want will get along with other fish. And know the needs of the fish. Pictures of your tank would be great!

thanks and yes i have been checking some shops are probably getting mad at me already (laugh) keep coming but not buying(naughty) . ill post some pics ones the tank is colonized.

Welcome! You've signed in with a great group of people here, all the experience and expertise of the mega-sites but without the jerks, egos and one-true-way-people.

thank you and i'm glad to know about no egos i usually feel intimidated

welcome! Yes, it will not be long before you pull out all the fake stuff you have and start figuring out what body parts you can sell to get a reef tank going.

thanks and my tank is very simple right now and as far as body parts i have 2 kidneys right? LOL

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!

thanks(rock2)

No I doubt they are getting mad...if they are then leave that shop, that is what they are there for, for you to learn and get comfortable with everything...Ok, maybe I shouldn't speak for others on this, but if I owned a store I would love people just to come in and chat with me and look around.

Welcome Rudy.

My name is Jay. I am the current President of the PNWMAS. You have found a great group of people here. There is a lot of knowledge on this forum. Ask plenty of questions.

If you feel so inclined, we have monthly meetings where we get together and discuss our great hobby. Last month we met at Advanced Aquarium in Salem. The owner, Ryan Mackey, gave us a nice presentation on the importance of proper balance with Calcium, Alkalinity, and Magnesium. Next months meeting will be held at Saltwater Fantaseas in Northern Portland. We have a BBQ planned in August, with the strong possibility of a guest speaker. September is the SOLV beach cleanup. If you check the calendar link near the top of the page, we have the entire year planned out. PM your e-mail address to Lowman if you would like to get on our evite list, which sends out monthly meeting reminders, along with dates, addresses and meeting times.

It sounds like your tank is off to a nice start. If you are in need of some good books, members of the PNWMAS have access to our library. Our library is growing all the time.

Don't forget to check out our homepage at: http://www.pnwmas.org

I hope you enjoy it here.

Jay

Hello Rudy & Welcome.

Where abouts do you live? Knowing your location may help us to put you in contact with more people in your area that may be able to help you out as you are setting up your tank.

Cuda

i'm at Poulsbo WA, right by ocean reef aquatics and THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE WELCOMING(rock2)

Well, It's been covered already, but WELCOME!!!!!:D

Great bunch of people here! Always someone willing to help in any way they can. And it's better than the rest of the sites out there cause it's mostly locals.

Oh yeah, Enjoy that kid, They get big and mean before ya know it;)

Seems like yesterday I was learning to change a diaper. Now it's nine years later- He's almost five feet tall and looks at me like I'm a mental case every time I try to talk to him-LOL

Peace,

Bobby

666023052_m.jpg

my family. the site i usually post pics on is having problems so no pics of aqua. yet but i finally bought a fish i got a yellow tang. i'm a little concerned though when lived in california the yellow tang only caused a little less than $10. at my local store (that i was putting my trust in) the tang did not have a price on it so the owner just said $30. i knew it didnt cost that much but i went ahead and bought it since that will be my last transaction with them (lost of trust). any comment? i'm happy with the fish but the shop jacked me o well thats minus 1 customer.