aggresive teens - can I vent?

markdadof2

IMHO just some kids in a misguided attempt to look cool. Don't take it to personally, it really had nothing to do with you.

I'm a relative newb to Oregon. In the city I grew up in that altercation would have been the least of your problems.My high school not only had assigned officers, but metal detectors, and police dogs.

I did much worse things as a kid then that, I grew out of it and am a pretty upstanding citizen now. They very well will too.

I would have grabbed my pepperspray out and if he didn't back down give him a face full... just check the wind direction. if the cops do come after you it is a simple case of self protection, them vs you, protecting the family, etc...

You pulled that in the hood I grew up in, you'd be carried by 6, not tried by 12. The cops wouldn't have arrested you, they just would have found you. No disrespect, just sayin, the samew would happen to Chuck Norris.

It's just not worth it, walk away. Life's to short. It's not your fight. You're not going to accomplish anything. Your not going to make a difference in that kid except to teach him he needs to carry bigger weapons. Just walk away. Even if you do "win" the fight, the repercusitions are imense and will take you months if not years to deal with. To much hassle. Easier to walk away.