Beer Making and Reef Chit Chat

izzypop

Well hopefully everyone had a great time. My better half(wife) had other plansDOH! so was unable to make it. Not sure what was more fun running around Costco going plant shopping and also the Home Depot(flame) I think I would have rather drank some beer and staired at the new skimmer for a while(rock2)

SUCKERS!

You missed out on a good time!

The whole process of making beer is really simple. You have to have some knowledge, and Shawn uses a program on his computer that helps with the mix ratios and it makes it ALOT easier.

Dude can make some good beer too!

Thanks for having us out Shawn! Super cool little brew setup you got there bud.

We all had a great time. I'll post some pictures when I get home tonight. The combo of sun/beer/reef tanks was just heavenly. The A.B. Clone we brewed turned out really good. We hit our efficiency at 75% which is great especially since we were drinking through the whole process. Our original gravity on this batch came out to 1.070 which means it's going to be VERY GOOD. The beer will turn out FANTASTIC.

We had such a blast that I'm going to do it again probably in 6-8 weeks. That way we can drink the A.B. Clone we just brewed. Thanks to everyone that came :)

Hey Shawn just wanted to say "thanks" to you and Joe for showing us how easy it really can be to make a GREAT beer!!

I would love to come back and help out again in 6-7 weeks and try that A.B.!!!!!!!!! Please keep me in mind if you do it again.

BTW the tank looks good and the skimmer is a monster and looks to be doing a good job also.

• 6 months later...